Friday, August 6, 2010

Decisions, Decisions


I've signed up for an ornie swap on one of the forums I'm on and so this morning I'm brainstorming about what to make.  The swap is for prim Christmas ornies so I have visions of sugarplums, snow and twinkling lights swirling through my head this hot summers morning!  How do you come up with new ideas for your crafts?  One of my favourite ways is to make lists of words associated with the time of year or holiday and then try to combine them in some unexpected prim way.  Right now I'm wavering between putting one of my little Snowy Tucks
 into a wee Christmas stocking filled with pip berries and greenery or reconfiguring my Santa Crow Makedo
 into an ornie or maybe a wee gingerbread man hanging under a sign that says "Gingerbread Blessings" or a star shaped Santa ornie or.....the possibilities are endless!  I'd let you know my final decision but you might be a member on my forum and then you'd know what I was going to make for our ornie swap and that would take all of the fun out of it!  I'll post a picture of my swap ornie after everyone has received their swap packages but it will be awhile I'm afraid!  Hope you're all having a great day and happy crafting!
Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art

1 comment:

  1. So many possibilities - can't wait to see what you come up with. I just found your blog - very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo