Monday, August 9, 2010

Pinterest, Posies & Packing Up



Morning everyone!  I've been trying to get my craft room organized (actually, let's be honest and say CLEANED UP!) and so this weekend has been spent dusting, organizing and rearranging.  Not much fun but a necessity if I am going to be productive.  My craft room is in a walk out basement so I have lots of lovely light from the south facing windows but last year I put in a wood burning heater downstairs and the ash from opening & closing the door when stoking the fire is EVERYWHERE!  I have been procrastinating like crazy about getting it cleaned up down there; I've been bringing supplies upstairs to work on my projects to keep from having to look at it.  But this weekend I bit the bullet and started to get it cleaned & organized.  I found multiple projects that I had started and not finished, numerous bits & pieces of drawings, notes and pictures for crafting ideas and when I started to clean up my shelves and organize my supplies I found all kinds of goodies I had forgotten I even had!!!!  It is still a work in progress but I am feeling motivated and focused to get it all finished and organized this week.

Do you have bits & pieces of paper with notes and ideas and pictures floating around your craft room as well?  I have found an amazing website called Pinterest that helps you to keep all of your inspirations and ideas in one place.  It is a virtual pin board where you can "pin" visual images, tutorials, inspirational quotes, etc. that you find on the internet and keep them all in one place.  You can create and name as many boards as you'd like, it is quite amazing!  The site is still in the development phase so you have to ask for an invitation to join them but I got my invite within a day.
We had a few rain showers this weekend (and the rain is much needed around here, so thank goodness!) and after one of the showers I went out to our garden and took a picture of a lovely lily scattered with rain drops.
Hope you enjoy the picture and happy crafting (or cleaning as the case may be!)
Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art

1 comment:

  1. You have a very nice blog, Deb! Found you through Blogfrog. Thanks for the tip on "Pinterest"...I've been doing the same re: cleaning up craft area & sorting through those bits of paper! Keep on Creating ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo