Thursday, September 9, 2010

Painting, Painting; JOY Wood Blocks



The JOY wood blocks are still a work in progress (I'm thinking more shading and another coat of antiquing) but here they are.
I'm quite happy with how they are turning out, I just love the Terrye French designs on each one.  Talented girl that one!  My lettering is a little shaky in places but hey, they are hand painted so I guess they shouldn't look like stenciled letters, right??!  Perhaps drinking two cups of coffee before attempting to paint straight lines wasn't such a great idea!
As I predicted yesterday, I have been painting all day but that is about the extent of my productivity.  I did manage to get the dishwasher unloaded and put away the laundry but that's about it boys and girls!  So much for getting my Welcome Snowman candle holder listed and finishing these wood blocks.  It's just about supper time here so maybe I'll get some more done this evening but I'm not holding my breath!  Hope that you are having a more productive day than me and I'll post a pic of the finished blocks when they are done.  Happy crafting!
Deb

4 comments:

  1. I love them. Maybe a little more sanding to show more of the black undercoat will do the trick if you aren't happy with them. Otherwise I think they are wonderful. Boy, you got the laundry put awayand the dishwasher unloaded....ahhh....the life of a working mother, woman, wife!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH those are great Deb LOL on the coffee it doesn't help here either but it sure is good!!

    Love the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look great, and you are right, hand painted shouldn't be perfect. 8-) You did a great job.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo