Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome Snowman Candle Holder



Just a quick post before heading to bed, where in the heck did this day go??!!  I finished the snowman candle holder I was talking about painting a couple of posts ago, here's a picture.
 The design is by Tammy Hans, I found it in an old BH&G Quick & Easy Christmas magazine (from the year 2000).  Love this guy!  The original magazine photo shows a tall pillar candle sitting on the platform in back of him but somehow the thought of an open unprotected flame that close to wood and fabric didn't seem like such a good idea (!), so I put a smaller candle inside a glass votive holder behind him.  Sorry the pictures a little on the "yellow" side but I'm too tired to play with it!  I've got the JOY blocks all base coated & antiqued and have decided on some great Terrye French images to add to each block along with the letters.  I'll hopefully get them completed tomorrow and will post a picture once they are done.  Hope to get the candle holder listed at Etsy, Artfire and here on my blog tomorrow as well, HA!  Can someone please invent a 30 or 40 hour day??!!  Thanks for looking and hope you had a good day.  Happy crafting,
Deb

4 comments:

  1. I love your snowman candle holder.He is so cute. You do great work!!!!!

    Prim Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, Your snowman candle holder is so cute! Can't wait to see the blocks. Your so talented!
    Prim Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute Deb! Love it. I agree...you are a very talented lady! Have a wonderful day. I'm painting too, kitchen is a disaster!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowman candle holder sooo Cute !! Your very
    talented painter .. Your Blog is Great to!!
    Just found you and I'm follower...
    Harvest Blessings ...
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo