Thursday, October 21, 2010

Now What?


Okay, my forum swap ornies are done and are winging their way to the swap coordinator as I type!  I can hardly wait till I get that wonderful package stuffed full of prim ornies in return, the anticipation is killing me!  I can't show you the finished product quite yet because our swap is still "being swapped" but here's a sneak peak of the little devils in mid creation.

I've never made this many ornaments at one sitting before (22 in total) and so I had SERIOUSLY underestimated the time it would take to complete them.  Consequently I have been burning the midnight oil the last few days to get them finished in time for the mailing deadline.  But I did it, thank goodness.  It's actually been a very good learning experience because I am going to take the plunge and enter some local craft shows next year and this has demonstrated to me how long it takes to complete large numbers of items at one time.  I think I will start NOW to make my items for next years craft shows!  I will post a picture of my ornie haul when my exchange parcel arrives, I can't wait!
So now that I've finished my swap ornies, what to do next?  I've got a peg rack downstairs that I've been meaning to finish painting so that's on my list, as well as some "snowhead" pokes and various Christmas ornies.  I've also got some angel bookends that I need to paint up.  I took a peak at my Christmas Countdown banner at the bottom of my blog and THERE ARE ONLY 65 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!  YIKES!!  Where in the heck does the time go anyway?!  Good grief, it's almost time to start thinking about (Gulp) Christmas shopping!!  And Christmas decorating.  And Christmas baking.  And Christmas cards.  And Christmas.....so much to do, so little time!  Ah well, what gets done will get done and as for the rest, only me (and now all of you!) will know what I didn't get finished!
It's been a while since I have had a chance to visit all of your blogs so I'm going to go "cruising" tonight and see what everyone has been up to.  Hope you have a great evening and happy crafting!
Deb

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Debbie you're wearing me out! You're a steam engine gal:) Good for you.
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about ornies ~lol~ I'm getting 28 finished up for a swap that I'm in
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,

    Ahhh...the fun of doing production line crafting! LOL! It always seems like it take forever to get things done, but once you get them all finished, it feels good doesn't it? I have 3 swaps I am doing that are due mid November...I better get myself in gear too...cause the deadline will be here before I know it.

    Can't wait to see all the booty you get! Swaps are so much fun!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Dee, THREE swaps??!! I can't even begin to imagine! Does feel good to get them done though as you said, can't wait to see your haul! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo