Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faithful Friends ~ A Kim Christmas Design


Good morning everyone, hope this finds you all well and getting into the holiday spirit!  I mentioned in my last post that I was going to do an on-line painting class at Tole Town that was being taught by the extremely talented Kim Christmas.  The class was last Friday and it was so much fun!  They are having a second class today because of the overwhelming demand; who can resist Kim's designs?  The painting that we did is called "Faithful Friends" and is absolutely adorable.  I did mine on an 8" x 10" artist's canvas and I have to say I'm quite happy with the result!  Here's my finished piece:

The picture came out more yellow than the actual painting, it's much cooler and more "wintery" in person.  Kim's techniques are so great, this picture almost glows, I absolutely love it!  It's sitting on my Amish sideboard on a plate stand and looks so beautiful; I've got a votive candle in front of it and it is amazing at night in the candle light.  If you haven't seen Kim's designs before, please check out her website: www.kimchristmas.com and she also has a blog now: www.kimchristmasdesigns.blogspot.com.  (Pssst, there are some free painting patterns at her blog!!)  Her designs are wonderful, she is an extremely talented gal!  It's been awhile since I've done any painting; I've done a few painted items but have been concentrating more on my sewn items.  I had almost forgotten how much I love painting!  It's where I started my crafting "career"; decorative and watercolour painting were my first forays into the crafting world.  I think that I am going to have to get back to my roots, so to speak, and take some time to do more painting.  Thanks so much Kim and Tole Town for a great class and I'll be back soon to do some more painting!  Have a great day everyone and happy crafting!
Deb

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I love that design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous, Deb! Makes me want to try my hand at painting. Wow! No one could tell that you stopped painting for awhile. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Deb!! Hope to see more in the future!!8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet snowman. You're such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo