Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WARNING! Extreme Cute Content!


Hi everyone, hope this finds you all well.  First off I have to preface this post with a warning to all of my primitive followers:
EXTREME CUTENESS CONTENT!
Viewing of the pictures below may result in elevated blood sugar levels and feelings of nausea if you are an extreme primitive crafter!
LOL, okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, here's what I've been working on.  I just rejoined Tole Town, an online painting community that I was a member of several years ago (www.toletown.com) and did an online class with the very talented Susan Kelley of Puddles of Paint.  Susan and Lorrie Weber,of Joyful Heart Studio, are the masterminds behind Tole Town and if you are a decorative painter I'd encourage you to go take a peek at the site.  They have twice monthly online painting classes, tons of free patterns, quick paint projects, monthly challenges; it just goes on and on.  It is a very good value for the money if you get a yearly membership, but even if all you want to do is purchase the new ezine that they are putting out each month you will not be disappointed.  Anyway, I painted two of Susan's ornaments onto a wood box, her design is called Christmas Cuties, then added a few embellishments of my own.  Here is the result:
 Don't say I didn't warn you!!  This little penguin was one of Susan's ornament designs, I added the evergreen border and the snowflakes surrounding him.  Here's the other side of the box:
This little ginger was the other ornament designed by Susan ; again I added the evergreens and snowflakes.  And here's my own design for the ends of the box:
I did a couple of crossed candy canes with some holly and the same evergreen border and snowflakes.  The box measures about 9 1/2" (24 cm) long by 6 1/2" (16.5 cm) wide and is about 5 1/2" (14 cm) tall, I am going to fill it with some home made Christmas goodies and "gift" it to someone on my Christmas list, not quite sure who yet!  It was too much fun painting this box; hey, if you can't do cute at Christmas when in the heck can you do it??!  Hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been working on and that I didn't lose any of my primitive followers in the process.  I promise to post something primitive next time!  Hope you are all happily crafting away for the holidays and not stressing too much.  Off to check out what everyone else has been up to,
Deb

4 comments:

  1. OMG! They are just the sweetest Deb. Love the Gingerbread cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is adorable Deb, you did an awesome job!! I'm going to check out that site. I could use a few lessons. If I end up painting like you I'd be thrilled.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just so adorable! You have some awesome painting skills. At first glance, I thought the penguin's beak was 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info Deb! They are causing a spike in blood sugar for sure. Too cute and fun.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo