Friday, January 14, 2011

Lost In Blogland!


Hello everyone!  Yep, I know, it's been WAY too long since I last posted, please accept my apologies for my absence.  I've been lost in blogland!  I've been painting up a storm since I rejoined Toletown, taking the online classes and having a ball.

What have I been up to you ask? (well, maybe someone is asking that LOL)  I've been doing a lot of painting and having a blast doing it.  As my profile indicates, I started out on this crafting journey many years ago as a decorative painter but had kind of let it fall by the wayside over the years.  I would occasionally do some painted pieces but my main focus has been my sewing and pattern making.  But I'm back into the swing of painting in a big way now and loving it!  Here are some pictures of what I've been painting:

It all started with Kim Christmas' "Faithful Friends" snowman class at Toletown
Then I did Susan Kelley's "Christmas Cuties" class at Toletown (as previously posted, avert your eyes if you don't like CUTE!!)
Then I did Lorrie Weber's "Whooo Loves You" design on a card.
Here's the inside of the card
And last, but certainly not least, I did Cathy's snowman board tutorial from her Tolentreasures blog, take a look on my right sidebar for a link to her wonderful tutorial
Are you detecting a trend here?  I seem to be DRASTICALLY veering away from primitive LOL!  My apologies to all of my prim followers, I promise to get back on the prim band wagon real soon here (I foresee some Terrye French designs in my very near future!).  And also, I have not forgotten about my promise of a giveaway, now that I have Cathy's fabulous snowman board completed I am off to make some (prim) Valentine's goodies and will post my next giveaway soon.
Thanks for hanging in there with me through my blogging drought and I promise to keep up my posts from now on.  Take care dear blogging friends,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Deb: Love your new painted pieces...I love to paint also but haven't been "into" it for awhile...Your snowman from Cathy's tut is adorable...great job!!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb - prim enough for me!!!! lol
    LOVE your new paintings - you are sooooooooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo