Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Time For Another Perfectly Prim Party!


Prairie Patch
Yipee, it's Sunday and time for another Perfectly Prim Linky Party over at The Prairie Patch!   I love seeing what prim treasures everyone shares each week, hope you'll join in the fun and show us your primitive goodies too!
This week I want to share some pictures of some of my current Spring and primitive decorating I've been doing around the house.  First, here's a picture of some vintage wooden shoe molds I purchased just a while ago.

I don't know that they are particularly old but I love, love, love the patina on them!  They look fabulous sitting on my sideboard next to my butter paddle and mashers I showed you a couple of weeks ago.  Love the juxtaposition of the polished wood of the shoe molds and the hand carved rustic kitchen tools.
Next, I made up a quick little "lamp" using an old cheesebox that I had, a piece of silk white berry garland and a battery operated pillar candle.
 The pillar battery candle is great, I found them at Costco at Christmas time and bought a bunch.  They are made of real wax but battery operated and have a timing feature so that they turn themselves off and on at the same time each evening.  Even though I bought a lot of them, I wish I'd bought more!
Then here's a picture of some of my stoneware that I showed you a couple of weeks ago that I've arranged with some prim tulips and daffodils I made.
 I put some fixin's in my little striped bowl and made a hand tag to tie on the handle of the milk pitcher that says "Spring Bouquet".  Think I'll have to make some more of those daffodils and tulips!
And last but certainly not least, here's a special treasure I bought from Terrye French, her painting of her adorable Spring mouse on a little burlap sack.  I've stuffed it with some primitive seed picks and hung it on my Amish china cabinet.  Love Terrye's work!
 And there you go, hope you've enjoyed looking at my pictures and hope you'll head on over to The Prairie Patch to join in the Perfectly Prim Party.  Have a great day!
Deb

5 comments:

Prairie Patch said...

I love those wooden shoe molds, Deb. They're so shiny, yet so old looking. I like what you did with your cheesebox, too. I actually have one of those. I should do something with it like you did. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your pretties this week on the link party. I have to admit when you wrote about a painting of a mouse, I wasn't too sure if I'd like it cuz I'm just not in to mice. But geez, Terrye French did it! I think she could paint anything and make it look nice - even my ex-husband - LOL!

Cheers,
Tracy

phyllis leck-Village Weaver said...

Hi Deb, Wow what a nice set of shoe forms those are! I never see stuff that clean . Usually it is all beat up and only one! LOL. I use to work in a shoe factory when I was first married. Whew ! What a job. Loved your flowers in the striped crock . We will have spring! I love blue!
So cheery! Thanks for posting! Cheers for now, Phyllis

Jillayne said...

Your pictures are wonderful - what treasures!
I adore that little striped bowl - is that a special kind of pottery? So simple and yet so charming. And the tag on the pitcher is perfect!

Christina @ The Tattered Tag said...

Hi Deb~

I am loving all prim treasure, simply beautiful. I will have to say that I love the cheesebox most. I have a wonderful Pepsi Cola box, will have to share on the next Prim Party. :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Christina @ The Tattered Tag said...

Hi Deb~

Happy Firday! Your lovely shop is The Homespun Slate's feature this week. Please stop by and see..

Drop by The Tattered Tag