Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Signs, Signs, Everywhere A Sign!


With thanks to the Five Man Electrical Band for my blog title I have been working on a lot of ... signs!  I've got a craft show coming up in a few weeks and since Primitive crafts are not a big seller around here I've decided to make up some signs with the great stencils I got from Folk Art From The Harbor. Who doesn't like signs right?  I've got quite a few different sayings, here's a few that I've made up so far.
This one is on MDF with a hand painted floral border, some simple one stroke flowers and leaves.

My personal favorite!!

Think I am going to make up an "aged" version of this sign as well, the lettering kind of lends itself to a time worn feeling I think.

A 'non-distressed' version of the sign I'm offering in my giveaway. I like it both ways myself.

I've also been making up some 'country' inspired crafts for the show, here's my version of Debbie Bryan's 'Mother Hen'.  I tried to find a link to her website but unfortunately it doesn't exist any longer.
Debbie's original design had the hen inside a chicken wire frame with a bible verse printed around the frame but I made her free standing and added the name "Eggbert" to the egg she has tied around her neck for safe keeping.  I have another hen "Henrietta" just about done, she has lovely long jute legs and I quite like her too!  I've got lots of other critters in the making as well and will post them as they are completed.  I've got about 2 1/2 weeks left till the show so must get painting!!!
Have a great day and talk soon, Deb

8 comments:

  1. I love your signs!!! If I was there I would probably buy them all!!! I love the Font on the housework sign.
    And Henrietta Eggbert is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Deb! I also love the housework sign - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb ,
    They are all gorgeous, great job. Wishing you the best of luck on the upcoming show! enjoy your evening ! hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hen and chicks...very cute. The signs are a great idea...:) I like the first one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your signs Deb. And I still love the hen! Good luck at the show! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creations are wonderful ~ I'm sure they will sell fast.
    Good luck with your show.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Deb, I love all of these and agree with aging the one. I really like that chicken... cute! Have a lovely Mother's Day weekend luv.
    xoxo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these and the rooster wants to come home with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo