Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Christmas WIPS and Some Fall Pics!


Happy Tuesday everyone, hope this finds you all well and enjoying the fall weather.  We've had frost here the last few days so fall is definitely in full swing here.  I took some pictures early the other morning when the sun was just cresting the hill and the frost was still riming the plants in the yard, here are a few of them, enjoy!

This is some frost on the weeds grass in the lawn, the delicacy of the frost crystals always delights me!  (click on the picture to see the frost better)


Here's our ornamental crab apple tree, aren't the 'frosted' crabapples lovely?


Our burning bush is in it's full glory, the colour is unbelievable!


 And finally, here is our last apple left on the tree, the deer have managed to munch on every one except this one, it's a little higher up on the branches.


I'm sure that someone will figure out how to stand on their hind legs soon in order to reach it, the apples aren't real sweet off this tree so we usually leave them for the deer and bears and birds to snack on as they get ready for the cold winter months ahead.

The cooler weather has put me in the mood to do some Christmas crafting, here's a peek at my current Christmas WIPS!


From left to right, there is a star ginger ornie who will have a pocket on front full of Christmas goodies (he's from my own pattern and still in the early stages of design!); some holly leaf and berry bowl fillers; a little elf owl shelf sitter; an angel snowman sitter from a design by Threadbare Primitives; some hand stitched candle mats that are almost completed and finally a candy cane crow door hanger from a Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern.

They are all sitting on my ironing board which I have just discovered makes a wonderful adjustable table!  I got that tip from watching Edna Bridges' (Plum Thicket Studio) doll making tutorial.  Have you seen it?  I have to tell you, it is a must watch if you are a doll maker, I learned so much from Edna!  There are 16 videos in all and she goes step by step from tracing to finishing touches.  Click here or click the link above to go watch them, they are amazing!

I just wanted to mention as well, my online picture storage site has disappeared from the face of the earth (oh Imagecave, where are you?!) and consequently all my online picture links have disappeared which includes my blog buttons!  So I have had to change my picture host to Picturetrail and now have a new link for my blog button here (upper left hand side) and also at my selling blog.  If you have been kind enough to post my buttons on your blogs, could you grab my new HTML code and swap it out?  Unfortunately, the button for our PAFA Etsy team got lost in the shuffle as well, so click here to go to the PAFA blog to grab the new HTML code for their button as well.  My apologies for the inconvenience but I never even got an email from Imagecave letting me know they were going to delete the site so I had no warning, arghhhh!

Thanks for visiting and stop back soon to see my completed projects, I have to get back to work now so I'll have something new to show you!  Happy crafting,
Deb

8 comments:

  1. Happy Fall, Deb...I have been getting more and more in the crafting mood too !

    My link to this page works still
    so I guess it is O K

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fall !I really enjoyed the pics and can't wait to see your projects finished! Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frosty pics! I need to start working on Christmas projects ~ it will be here before we know it! Can't wait to see all your creations when finished.
    Happy Crafting!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're outdoor pics are pretty, frost and all. We've got a burning bush too :-) It's great that we have so many tutorials available to us online. No excuses... lol. Sorry to hear of your pic loss. It didn't effect my link to the team blog though. Picture trail is a good app though, I use it :-)
    xoxo~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have frost down this far yet, but it's a nippy 40 this morning. I left the back door open until the hubby complained. (Of course, he's not the one with the hot flashes, so he didn't appreciate the chill. ;~)

    Cute ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! Looking forward to seeing the Elf Owl! Whootie's new owner loves him! And I can hardly wait to see your ginger star :o) We had a brief taste of fall, but alas it has gone back to warm days, but at least the nights are cool and I have had a few brief glimpses of frost on neighboring roofs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous burning bush! We've got frost here, too. I'm getting in the mood for Christmas crafting, but everything is kinda on hold at the moment.

    Can't wait to see your finished WIPS!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a crabapple tree too although we hardly ever get frost here. So pretty in your photo!
    Can't wait to see all your WIP's finished. Looks like you've been having lots of fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo