Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do As I Say, Not As I Do


Well, I  blew it, big time.  When I write my directions in my epatterns, I always say 'watch your prims closely when baking them in the oven to make sure they don't burn'.  And did I follow my own advice?!  No, of course not!  I forgot to put the timer on the oven, went back to working on something else and TOTALLY forgot about my poor little angel snowman who was baking away in the oven and this is the result.


Arghh, I am so mad at myself!  This little guy was turning out so cute (he's a Threadbare Primitives pattern), I spent so much time embroidering his feather tree and face and making all of his embellishments; I even added some chenille stems inside his angel wings so they were pose-able; and look what I did :O(  Stupid, stupid, stupid; as my post title says 'do as I say, not as I do' LOL!  I guess he will have to live here with me since I don't think there is a market out there for 'well done' prim snowmen!

On a brighter note, my new Christmas owl shelf sitter turned out much better!  Meet Elwin, The Elf Owl.


I love him!  I adapted my Who's Who Owl epattern by giving him some elf 'ears' and added his little elf hat and of course the presents and candy cane he is safe guarding for Santa tucked onto his toes.  He is now available for sale at my Etsy shop if you are interested and will soon be listed on my selling blog as well.

Well, I must get back to work on my remaining WIP's, I will post some pictures again tomorrow or Saturday with those finishes as well.  Have a great day and don't forget to set that oven timer!!
Deb

13 comments:

  1. Ooops - bit of a fallen angel!lol! Still cute in a way!
    The elf owl is really sweet and innocent looking!
    best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. He still is cute, even if he is a little brown. Love that owl, he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb...I can relate because I have burned a few myself! And the smell, well, that takes days to clear out.

    Love the snowman and owl...so cute!

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still pretty good.. Just think it as a Happy
    Accident (like Bob Ross would have said) :-)
    we have all done it a time or two....
    Warm Blessings
    Ladybug....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hate that when that happens!!!
    Your angel is still cute ~ burnt or not.
    Love the owl too!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done that with gingers before & ruined so many once I just made a burnt cookie tag & sold them as burnt cookies, a few sold lol, is is there any way you can save him by priming him up really good?
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    He's adorable regarless! Could you stain him a bit darker so you can sell him? LOVE Elvin!!
    Best of luck!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh No! What a shame! I know how you feel--I have toasted a few things in my time. I think he is cute! What a toasted snowman that got too close to the fire when trying to keep warm?

    Love your elf owl!!!! Soooo cute! I think he is absolutely adorable!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor snowman:( Your little owl is very cute. I love his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh noooo! I'm so sorry; I think all of us have done that before. I'm notorious for forgetting what's in my oven. At least he can live with you, and he IS quite cute! Maybe you can improvise and do a couple makeshift streams from the star, covering up the burn marks.

    By the way, Elwin is adorable. I love how you made him into a little Christmas elf.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate too Deb, I've burned several items because I had too many things going on at the same time. Guess I'm not a good multi tasker. I have that same snowman pattern - love it! Your owl is sew cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Call me crazy but I think the angel snowman looks good a little extra browned. Elwin gets me, I
    loved him when I first saw him over at your selling blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's still cute. Just grunge it up a bit and it will blend right in. You may just start a new trend. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo