Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Christmas Garland WIP Finished ... What To Do Next?



Happy Sunday everyone!  I finally finished my newest creation, my Primitive Rustic Christmas Garland, what do you think?  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, fretted over how to connect the gingerbread men and the Christmas trees for a while but in the end decided on some twisted embroidery floss cording in a cinnamon colour.  I had some stars on the top of the Christmas trees initially as well but somehow they made the trees look very strange so I ended up taking them off.  Think it still looks pretty cute though!  If you are interested in the garland, I have just listed it at my Etsy shop and at my selling blog.

I also decided to link this Christmas garland at the Heart and Hands Charitable Link Party that I am co-hosting with Tracy at the Screaming Sardine and Terri at A Creative Princess.  If you missed my post about the link party, click here or click the button below to read all about it.  I am going to add this garland to a gift basket filled with some Christmas dinner fixings and donate it to our local food bank.  I hope that you will feel moved to participate in our link party as well and donate one of your handmade items to needy folks in your community, I think that it is the least that we all can do to give back at this most wonderful time of the year.


So now that I've finished my Christmas garland, what to work on next?  I've got some ideas for some Christmas pokes, I'm thinking of a snowman and a Santa and a reindeer, have to do some doodling to see what I can come up with LOL!  And I'm also thinking about a painted snowman ornie and perhaps a star shaped snowman ornie?  I'm also doing some needle felting for some Santa ornies, I've never done it before and it is FUN!  So many ideas, so little time - has anyone noticed that there is only 35 days till Christmas?!  Yikes!

We have decided to host our families Christmas dinner this year, so far we have 19 people coming but I'm waiting to hear back from some of the nieces and nephews to see if they will be bringing a 'significant other'.  Boy it makes you feel old when your wee little nieces and nephews have girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives and even children of their own that now are part of our wonderful extended family.  Just seems like yesterday that I was holding them in my arms, how the time does fly.  But the more the merrier I always say and so I look forward to having the 'gang' show up here at our home for Christmas, let the planning begin!

What are your plans for Christmas?  Are you hosting the big event or will you be a contributor at someone else's home?  Whatever your plans, I wish you a wonderful holiday season filled with love and laughter and the warmth of friends and family.  I'll be back soon with some more Christmas creations and until then, try not to panic!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. I think your garland turned out just fantastic. Awesome job!!!!

    Sounds like you will have lots of fun going on for the holidays. Enjoy!!!

    hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that garland girlfriend! Too darn cute! I think that will make such a special gift for the food back too!
    Sounds like a really fun party at your house with all those folks! Woo hoo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the garland, best wishes on the upcoming Holidays, I use to have everybody over, over 30 people lol
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb -

    LOVE your garland. I think it looks great and should be a best seller. I know the recipient of your food basket is going to be delighted receiving it.

    Good luck with all the guests at your home for the holidays. Sounds like a LOT of fun.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo