Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heart and Hands Charitable Link Party


Hello everyone!  I've something wonderful to share with you today and I hope that you will join with us in this great project.


Tracy at the Screaming Sardine was inspired by the Habitat Heroes Link Party over at 551 East Design.  They are hosting a charity link party to give back to the second hand shops where they get their furniture that they refinish.  Tracy decided to host a similar link party for those of us who may not have any furniture to refinish but who make handmade items.  You can link up anything made or altered by your hands that you are planning to donate to charity over the coming holiday season.  If you have an online shop, this is a great way to promote it by donating something you usually offer in your shop.  If you have a blog, this is also a great way to promote it by linking up.   Perhaps you have a craft tutorial you've posted, and you'll be donating it or a similar item that you've made in that post to charity.

Whatever it is, I hope that you will join us and show off what you're donating and perhaps inspire others to share their talent and creations with those less fortunate.  Tracy of the Screaming Sardine is the brains behind this great link party and Terri from A Creative Princess is a co-host along with myself.  Your links will show up on all of our blogs for the duration of the link party which will run from November 1st to December 10th. I've made up a couple of buttons for the event and hope that you will take and post them on your blog or website to help spread the word about this worthwhile project.

www.paxtonvalleyfolkart.blogspot.com/2011/11/heart-and-hands-charitable-link-party.html

If you'd like a smaller button, here it is:

www.paxtonvalleyfolkart.blogspot.com/2011/11/heart-and-hands-charitable-link-party.html

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I'm so happy I got to meet you through Tracy! I'm now following you and just adore your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header. I think it's great you are promoting this for such a good cause. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo