Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like ... Winter!



Yes siree Bob, that is snow!  Just a dusting really, probably only about 1/2" or so but very definitely snow.  Now I know some of you living in the South think that we have snow up here in Canada most of the time, but truthfully this snowfall is very early for us, it's usually well into December before the flakes arrive.  So it came as a bit of a shock, when I took the dogs out for a walk the other night, to open the door and see the flurries.  Don't get me wrong, I love the snow.  I love that muffled, quiet, enveloping feeling when the snow is silently drifting down, it makes me feel protected and warm even when it's cold.  And the world looks so clean and beautiful and pristine with a blanket of freshly fallen snow on the ground and in the trees.  Ah, listen to me waxing poetic about the snow, I can guarantee I won't be quite so eloquent come the middle of February LOL!

I think I finally have my crafting mojo back, I finally finished up the candy cane door hanger I was working on and think it turned out too cute, despite all of my trials and tribulations (you can read about them here).


The original pattern was one by Tennessee Ridge Primitives (love Becky's patterns!) and it has two crossed candy canes but I had such a trial with the one candy cane I couldn't face the thought of making another!  In Becky's pattern she said to use red ticking stripe fabric for the candy canes which would have been much easier than painting the muslin.  Anyway, it did turn out very cute and I will have it listed in my Etsy shop and at my selling blog if you are interested in it.

I also made up some of my Frosty The Snowman ornies, these guys are too much fun to make!


I seem to be having a problem with misplacing my patterns lately and so had to reconfigure his felt top hat from scratch by looking at some pictures I had of my original Frosty.  His hat came out quite a bit LARGER than the original but I think he is still cute!  Another listing to add to my Etsy shop and my selling blog within the next couple of days.

I've got quite a few new projects on the go, now that I have finished up my last batch of WIP's.  I've got a gingerbread men and Christmas tree garland, a shelf sitter snowmen and some Santa, reindeer and snowmen pokes all cut out and ready to assemble.  I think I will make some of the gingerbread men into bowl fillers as well.  I've also got some doves cut out (from a Sassafrass Hill pattern) that I am doing in an assortment of Christmas fabrics.  Lots of things to sew and stuff and paint and create, I love it when I feel so productive and am on a roll, especially at this time of year!  I don't have any pictures right now of the newest WIP's but I'll take some tomorrow and let you see what's in the works.

I also want to give you a heads up that the Primitive and Folk Artists Etsy team (PAFA team) has a wonderful Winter Wonderland giveaway on right now!


Just click the button above to head on over to enter, there are lots of giveaway goodies from the talented and generous members of the PAFA Etsy team that will be going to ONE lucky winner!  The PAFA team will also be having a Winter Wonderland Celebration on Etsy starting on November 18th so hope you'll stay tuned for that great event as well.

Well, I should head to bed as it is now past midnight and with the time change that means it is actually past 1:00 a.m.!  Hope you are having a wonderful week and I'll be back shortly with my newest WIP pictures, thanks for stopping by!
Deb

3 comments:

  1. Your snowman ornie made me smile.

    We did a tour of duty in both Missouri and Montana...and while I enjoy the temperate climate we have down here in south Texas now...I do miss the snow.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, love becky's patterns too , glad you are getting your mojo back ! So many are getting snow early this year still none yet here in Ohio but I hear maybe some this week or next , not quite sure Im ready but if its gonna be cold I guess it should snow! Happy creating! hugs lilraggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Deb!

    I loved your "waxing poetic" about the snow. It's how I feel, too...though, as you said, come February, I may be cursing under my breath about it. We got snow over the weekend. I thought it would've melted by now, but we still have about an inch of snow, despite the past few days before in the mid-30s.

    Your candy cane and Frosty turned out great! Can't wait to see what you're working on, especially your gingerbread men and Christmas tree garland.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo