Friday, December 9, 2011

So Little Time, So Much Yet To Do!


Here it is, December the 9th, and once again I am SCRAMBLING to get things done in time for Christmas!  Back in November I was feeling rather smug, thought I had it all under control, thought I had lots of time ..... NOT!  I think that the laws of physics are somehow circumvented in the weeks leading up to Christmas and time leaps ahead without our realizing it.  Although, Brian Greene just informed me on Nova that our understanding of time is, in fact, an illusion so perhaps my concept of the passage of time at Christmas is an illusion as well ... but I digress, back to the topic at hand!

Yep, Christmas is 2 weeks away and as usual I am behind the eight ball.  I did manage to get a couple of the items I was working on completed and listed on Etsy, here's the first one, a Prim Santa Claus Ornie.


I needle felted his beard, first time I have tried that technique and it was so much fun!  It looked like H, E, double hockey sticks half way through the needle felting process and I actually put him aside because I thought it wasn't going to come together but got back to work on him yesterday and I LOVE him now!

 Then, I did up some dove ornaments from a design by Sassafrass Hill Primitives, the original pattern called for making them up out of warm 'n natural batting (which I have done in the past and they are too cute!) but I thought they'd look great made up with some Christmas fabrics as well.


Love this whimsical mitten and touque fabric (think that my American friends call these winter hats 'stocking caps' but up here in Canada they are touques!) and I added a little ornie for her to hold in her beak and dusted her with some German glass glitter.  You can't really see the glitter all that well because of the fabrics white background, so I might add some silver glitter as well.  Sassafrass Hill Primitives has this pattern listed as a freebie at their website, click here to download it.  I have both of these ornies listed for sale at my Etsy shop if you are interested in either of them and will have them listed on my selling blog tomorrow as well.

So, I think that I am officially done with listing Christmas items as it is getting a little late in the season, my other WIPS will have to wait till next year.  Now I have to get working on some Valentine's items to list at the Olde Primitive Peddler on January 1st!  I list new items there on the first of each month so be sure and visit my OPP shop for some new creations each and every month.  Make sure to visit the other incredibly talented artisans who are featured there as well, a whole lot of talent on that site!

I also wanted to share with you a treasury I made up on Etsy today (yes, I know, I am running out of time to get ready for Christmas yet spent hours on Etsy making a treasury!!).  I made it for the HGTV and Etsy 'Design On A Dime' collaboration and my inspiration for the HGTV Treasury Challenge 2011 was the Candy Cane Deer Antler featured on HGTV's Design Happens blog.  Here's my treasury, hope you like it!


I have to tell you I am pretty excited about how well my treasury is doing right now, it is now on the second page of all the treasuries at Etsy and is number four in the HGTV Treasury Challenge 2011 tag listings, WOOT!  How exciting would it be to have a treasury created by little 'ol me featured on HGTV's blog!  Wish me luck and if you have a minute to visit Etsy and click, comment, favourite and share my treasury I would be very thankful :O)  Just click the treasury title on the widget above and thanks!

Well, I should sign off as I need to get to bed so I can get up early so I can get working on the million and one things I still have to do to get ready for Christmas, fa-la-la-la-la!!  Hope you are better organized than me and enjoying the season, talk soon!

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Loving your new items! The bird ornie is adorable in the Christmas fabric and the Treasury is amazing!! Crossing my fingers for you that it makes it!!
    I put all of my things aside too! It'll wait 'till next year!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Love your new goodies--that Santa especially! I will have to go check out your treasury--looks awesome!

    I hear ya about getting things done! It feels like time is quickly running away, so I am just going to finish up a couple snowmen, and then all other Christmas WIP's will have to wait till next year. I am going to knit for a couple days (lol who am I kidding--a few hours) and then I am on my way to making Valentine's Day for Etsy and OPP. I have a few ideas in store for OPP and I want to get them done before Christmas gets here!

    Off to finish up my giveaway!!

    ((HUGS))
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo