Monday, January 30, 2012

Let Me Introduce You To Valerie Of Yorkie's Primitives!


Good Monday morning everyone!  Hope you all had a great weekend and are all revved up and ready for the coming week.  I can't believe that it is the end of January, 2012 already; I know I sound like a broken record but where or where does the time go?  Since it is Monday, I'd like to share an interview with you by one of my Primitive and Folk Artist's Etsy Team mates, Valerie of Yorkie's Primitives!  She is one talented gal and I'm proud to be her team mate.


PAFA Etsy Team:  Tell us your name and how you came up with your business name?

Valerie:  My name is Valerie Richardson and my business is called Yorkie's Primitives.  I named my business after my Grandmother, Yorkie was her nickname. My Grandmother was the one who inspired me to craft. She helped me make my first apron for 4-H and I was hooked on making items.


PAFA Etsy Team:  How long have you been in business?

Valerie:  I have crafted for 30+ years but have had my Etsy shop since Feb. 16, 2009.


PAFA Etsy Team:  Who or what inspires you?

Valerie:  I get my inspiration from all sorts of places. Looking at patterns gives me ideas. I also look through magazines and craft magazines. I also get ideas from craft stores.


PAFA Etsy Team:  What is your creative style; primitive, country, folkart?

Valerie:  Primitive and country.


PAFA Etsy Team:  What medium do you use in creating your crafts?

Valerie:  My main medium is fabric. But I also love embroidery and work in wood. I love to add my personal touch to my items and will use beads, rick rack, lace or multiple items to give the effect I want. I make dolls, make-do's, wood blocks, household items and anything that catches my eye LOL.


PAFA Etsy Team:  Where can we find you on the internet?

Valerie:  www.yorkiesprimitives.etsy.com 
               www.yorkiesprimitives.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will be able to visit Valerie at her Etsy shop and her blog to see all of her wonderful creations.  Have a great week everyone and talk again soon!

Deb

10 comments:

  1. Great feature on Val, great heart make do Valerie

    thank you Deb
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous feature on Valerie and her wonderful creations!
    Thanks for sharing Deb!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful feature on Val. She is just one of the talented people on PAFA TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this sweet artist and what a sweet story about her grandma teaching her. That makes her creations all that much more special.
    Thanks Deb, great feature :o)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't she a sweety?! Just love this gal and her work!
    Great feature, Deb!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature on Valerie. I love her stuff - even won one of her giveaways once! A first-class primitive artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Deb,

    You wrote a terrific story about Valerie. I saw some pretty items of hers that I hadn't seen before.
    Thank you!
    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I feel special. Thank you for such a wonderful feature on me! Thanks, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great feature on Valerie! She has been my Internet BFF for some years now, since Prim Sisters had a forum! We actually chat regularly on the computer, she is such a great person and inspires me all the time. I often get a message saying "you there? i need to pick your brain".. LOL Wonderful article, Deb, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Feature on Val! She is very talented.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo