Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day Of Spring!



Happy Spring everyone!  The vernal equinox officially occurred at 11:14 a.m. (EDT) here in the northern hemisphere and I for one am very happy to see it arrive.  It's a cool and blustery here today, not feeling too Spring-like right now, but hopefully the warmer weather is soon to arrive.  At least it is not snowing today, so I should give thanks for that!

Spring has been coming and going around this neck of the woods, about a week or so ago we actually had some robins show up and I was so excited to see them!  Whenever they do show up, that old song "When The Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along" (written by Harry M. Woods in 1926) runs through my head and this time, when I started to hum the song, it occurred to me that I had some bobbins downstairs and I could make a robin and so, Rena Robin was born!


She was looking a little lonely perched on her bobbin all by herself, so I made some baby robins and an egg out of paper clay (first time I'd used that particular medium, it was fun!) and added them to a nest I made on the base of the bobbin.


I named her Rena as the name means 'a joyous song' and I couldn't think of a better name for a robin!  I think this makedo turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.  If you are interested, it is currently for sale in my Etsy shop and will be listed on my selling blog shortly.

 Just before I go, I want to remind you that today is the last day to enter my 'Paying It Back' giveaway!


If you've already entered I will be drawing the winner tomorrow and if you haven't, click the button above to head on over to my giveaway post and get yourself entered before midnight PDT tonight!  Thanks to everyone who has entered so far and welcome to all of my new followers, I appreciate you all very much!

Have a lovely evening, I am going to watch the women's Ford World Curling tournament in a bit :O) and I will see you tomorrow to announce my TWO giveaway winners!  See you tomorrow and Happy Spring!

Deb

1 comment:

  1. I love Rena Robin and the fact she is perched over her babies. You did a great job with the paper clay babies & egg!! Have a great night :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo