Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter All And Supply Destash Goodies!


Hi everyone!  Just a warning before you read further, this post is picture heavy so it might take some time to load.

Image courtesy of The Graphics Fairy

First of all, Happy Easter everyone!  Hope you had (or are still having!) a lovely long weekend with family and friends.  Had a quiet weekend here but did get up to the hills behind the house with the pups for a hike yesterday.  It's been lovely here ever since the snowstorm on April 1st and they are forecasting 20C here tomorrow, woo-hoo!  The grass is starting to green up and the soil is starting to warm so time to get into the gardens soon.

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be the lucky recipient of some primitive destash supplies and I picked them up earlier this week.  A dear blogging friend had decided to do some 'spring cleaning' and contacted me to see if I'd be interested in some of her treasures.  My answer was an enthusiastic YES! so here's a peek at what she sent me (and here's where all the pictures come in LOL!).

I was so excited to see what was in the 3 boxes and the big bag sent to me, that I tore them all open right in our foyer.  See what's peeking out of the bag?


A lovely big bunch of Sweet Annie!  I was so excited to see it as I've never been able to find anyone who will ship it to Canada and didn't have any, that's no longer the case!  Next I opened up the 3 boxes, here's what I saw.

Hee-hee!  Some dolls already started and are those cheese boxes?!

More projects already started, woo-hoo!


I spy some rusty springs, another project start and is that a cute little door hanger?  Let the unpacking begin!


Now these are wonderful!  Cinnamon dough ornies with curly wire to mount them on, I can see these 'sprouting' from lots of new projects.

Wonderful zinc jar lids, rusty lids, rusty tart tins and those little crow cookie cutters have pins on the back, too cute!

Two big packages of raffia (you can never have enough raffia) and the black items in behind are some cute snowman top hats!

Cheese boxes!!  I am in heaven!


Lovely rusty bed springs, more nodders will be forth coming I think!


Vintage textile bobbins and the BIGGEST mouse trap (or, I think, probably a rat trap!) that I've ever seen!  I have visions of cheese and meeses perched on top, can't wait to create something with it!


These are so cool, little individual Christmas trees with a wire base; they will be fabulous for displaying ornies at Christmas craft shows or for including in some Christmas creation, perhaps I could have Elwin the Elf Owl decorating a Christmas tree??


Lovely big vintage beehive bobbins, I'll be making some makedos!

A bag FULL of lovely doilies and battenburg lace, oh my!  My Christmas angels will have beautiful wings this year and so many other uses for these lovelies as well :O)

There was also fabric of every shape and description and tin ware and rusted tin; I was in such a hurry the pictures I took didn't turn out but believe me when I say it is all fabulous!  And if this was not enough, she also sent some wonderful primitive treasures that she had made and prim decor she wasn't using any longer, take a look.

I LOVE this chicken.  Beautifully hand embroidered with "Bless This House", a saltbox, sheep, a chicken and a kitty :O)

These prim sheep and crows are adorable, love them!


Pinkeeps made by my friend, they are beautifully made!  Love the one mounted on the jar so you can keep your thread and buttons close by as well.

The most unique wrought iron candle holder I've ever seen, as the candle burns down you 'turn up' the wooden piece underneath the candle to raise the candle, ingenious!


Love this zinc lidded soap dispenser she made, it's already in use in my bathroom!


And the sunflower 'Welcome' door hanger she made is on our front door, thank you my friend!

As you can see, I was a very luck ducky!  I've made room in my studio for most of the treasures, still have to find a place for some of the goodies but they will find a home soon.  Thank you so much my friend, it was like Christmas morning opening up all of your lovely boxes!

Hope you enjoyed the photos and stay tuned for some new creations as I dive into the project starts and other goodies.  Hope you all have a great week and talk soon!

Deb

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd be in heaven too! What an awesome treasure and friend! Can't wait to see your beautiful creations, you lucky girl!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Heavens that's a lot of good stuff!!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...it looks like you'll be having fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....I bet it feels like Christmas all over again..heehee! What a wonderful friend to gift you with the awesome prim supplies. Happy crafting!

    hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Deb, you surely got some great stuff there!!! Can't wait to see what you make with them!!!!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing haul! How lucky you are! Always fun to add to the stash!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I am soooo jealous. You received some really supplies. Can't wait to see what you create with some of those items!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Deb.Did you ever hit the jackpot!!!Lucky lucky lucky.It'll be fun to see what you make with it all.The candle holder is a courting candle holder.When a man's daughter's suitor came to call,the was lit.When the candle burned down to the top of the metal coil,it was time for the suitor to leave.If the father liked the suitor he would twist the candle higher thus allowing them more time.If he didn't like him,he would twist it lower so to get rid of him quicker!!LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo