Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mother Nature's April Fools Day Joke



No, I'm not kidding, this is what it looks like at the house this morning!  It's snowing, for Pete's sake!  Big joke, Mother Nature, you can stop anytime now!!  As you can see the weather had been nice enough that the lawn chairs were out, the shade umbrella was up, it was still a bit cool in the evenings so everything was set around the fireplace but the snow had all but disappeared until this morning!  Now, I've got a good sense of humour and love a good joke as much as the next gal but this is not funny!  On the bright side, it is starting to lighten up as I sit here and type and it's stopped snowing (thank goodness!!) so hopefully Mother Nature's April Fools joke will have disappeared by the time the clock strikes noon and April Fools Day is officially over (she says hopefully!).

I've been working away on some Etsy orders and also on my April offerings over at the Olde Primitive Peddler.  Here's what I created for my OPP shop this month:

 A sunflower nodder; it's sitting on a rusty bed spring and I've studded the flower center with lots of vintage buttons to represent the seeds, I love how it turned out!

And here's a little prim blanket sheep:


He's pretty cute and you can choose what colour you'd like his felt blanket to be and I can make up a whole flock of your own if you'd like!  Both the sunflower nodder and the blanket sheep are available exclusively at my Olde Primitive Peddler shop for the month of April, click here if you're interested in them.

I've also been working on some Colonial American flag bowl fillers for a special order on Etsy, I want to prim them up more but here's a sneak peek at one of them:


Thank goodness I had a little tiny star punch that turned out to be just the right size for these bowl fillers.  I made up a little stencil for the circle of stars as I had NO idea how I was going to paint 13 of them free hand!  It was obviously meant to be :O)

And as Father's Day will be here before we know it, I was brainstorming about some gifts for Dad as we all know how hard Dad's are to buy for!  This is still very much a WIP but here's the beginning of my Father's Day creation :O)


Now, this is supposed to be a rainbow trout but something got lost in the translation from my head to this stage so I'm really not sure what particular species this guy actually is!  We'll just call him a 'trout-like' fish LOL!  I've got him on a rusted wire hook and will probably end up having him on some kind of a hanging rack or sign but I'm still working on that part of the equation.  I like the start though and see more 'prim fishes' in my future LOL!

Well, I must get back to work in the Colonial bowl fillers and have a big order to get packaged up and sent off for tomorrow.  Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope you didn't get 'fooled' this April Fool's morning!  We'll talk soon,

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    Yikes snow, it's been cool here after being spoiled with that warm weather spell, but thankfully no snow! Have a wonderful week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow but we did have hail which was huge...what freaky weather.

    I love the sheep Deb but I really love the fish idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb - It snowed here in central New York too! Love your new creations. Hope our weather changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Mother Nature had to be so mean to you. We've had snow storms here in WI sometimes till the end of May.
    All your newest creations are wonderful!!!
    Happy Fools Day!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mother Nature was mean to you, lol. We had a bit of snow on the ground this morning but nothing like what you got. It was hailing here and raining too. Great creations you have made, love them all!
    have a wonderful week,
    hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh noooo snooww!!! What a joke:) Love your offerings, especially the sheep but the fish is the runner up. Have a great day. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow!! Bad mother nature but I feel your pain. We had to pull back out the winter coats due to the crazy wind we are having. Love your creations especially the sheep!! I love sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow!!! oh my gosh!!
    Loooooooooove all your new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy, isn't it Deb? But we got good weather over here and the front and back yards are all cleaned up now! Yep, we can rake and work the flower beds...wish we could plant!
    Love your great nodder and sheep, you always do such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo