Saturday, April 21, 2012

Watermelons Done And Some Other New Finishes


Happy Saturday everyone!  Hope you are all enjoying some lovely spring weather (or fall for my followers in the Southern hemisphere).  We are going to be getting some lovely warm weather here starting tomorrow, or so the weatherman has promised.  It's nice out today but a little cool, the breeze has a bit of a nip in it still.

Thank you so much to everyone who has left your kind comments about the stray pup.  The little ratfink went on a walkabout again this morning; she's done it several times now but has always come back after a few minutes or hours, so we are hoping she will be back here shortly.  She has been on her own for so long that she is used to doing what she wants, when she wants and takes off before you even have a chance to react.  She does know her name now, but this morning she took off, stopped and looked at me when I called her name, then turned her back on me and trotted off, the brat!  We have been doing some training with her but it will be a while yet I think before that urge to wander leaves her.  But she knows where her full food dish, squeaky toys and comfy couch are so I'm sure she'll be back once she has run herself out.  I'll keep you posted!

I got the watermelon bowl fillers completed that I had told you about, I painted them up yesterday and listed them for my Etsy customer.  Here's some pictures of the finished project:




Still don't know why I had such a hard time designing the pattern but now that I have it figured out I will be making more as I love how they turned out.  More importantly, my customer loved them too!  I will be making up some more this weekend and will get them listed in my Etsy shop if you are interested.

And I don't think I showed you pictures of two more of my latest creations.  With Mother's Day and then Father's Day coming soon, I was brainstorming about gifts for those very special occasions.  Here's what I designed for Mother's Day, meet Madra and Olien, my owl and owlet Mother and child shelf sitter :O)


I love how these cuties turned out!  The baby owlet, Olien, is sitting on his Mother Madra's feet and they are holding tight to each others wings.  Have to admit I got a wee tear in my eye when they were done, I think it is very touching how Madra is enveloping Olien in her wings :O)

Then, I came up with this 'Gone Fishin' peg rack for Dad for Father's Day.  I showed you a picture of my 'trout' a while back but hadn't decided on what I was going to do with it.  Think this would be a great gift for a father or for any fisherman (or fisherwoman!) in your life, what do you think?


You could hang it outside the door at the cabin or cottage and whenever you were out on the lake or river fishing, you could put up the 'Gone Fishin' hang tag!  It's a practical gift too as you can use the peg rack for keys or puppy leashes or coats or anything else that's 'hanging around' :O)  I'll have to come up with some other fish designs too as trout are what we fish for here in B.C. but I know bass and perch and walleye are the catch of the day in other parts of the country.  Have to search for some pictures and get designing!  If you are interested in either of my new creations, they are available in my Etsy shop and on my selling blog.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!  We'll talk again soon,

Deb

9 comments:

  1. The melons look GREAT, Deb! I just bought a pattern from a designer at Pattern Mart. Wish I'd known you were designing one.....I'd have gotten it from you!
    Love the owl Duo and the fish with the peg rack. Great designs from a VERY creative gal!! Hope the pup finds her way back again.
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations Deb! My son would Love that fish! Hope your pup comes back! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute watermelons! Love those Deb, and all your adorable creations! Hope the new pup comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The melons look good enough to eat! I love your Mother's Day and Father's Days creations. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your watermelons, Deb. They do look good enough to eat!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes, Deb, those watermelons look real! Awesome job!! Love the owls and the peg rack with fish too! You are on a roll!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your melons couldn't have turned out better deb! Love our owls and fish rack also - just gotta string more fish! LOL! Gotta bring more than one home! Have a great week! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb ~ Your finishes are all lovely ~ you did a wonderful job on those watermelon slices!!!
    Good Luck with that Pup!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb - Will you please post this under your giveaway section. Thanks.

    Enter for a chance to win the cutest yellow folk art rabbit in the Sunny Bunny Sweepstakes, sponsored by O’Keeffe Country www.okeeffecountry.com/lucky.html

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo