Monday, October 8, 2012

The Prodigal Daughter Returns!

Hello to all of my blogging buddies! Bet you thought I was never going to get back online :O)  Our weather here in B.C. was not the greatest at the beginning of the summer (when I first tried to get away for holidays) so we took off again in September and were lucky enough to have a couple of weeks of glorious weather camping on the lake.


The nights were a little chilly at the end (waking up to 1/3" of ice on top of the wash water in the bucket on your picnic table makes you sit up and take notice!) but the days were perfection and we fished, hiked and just sat and enjoyed that spectacular view.  We did have one day of storms and rain but as they say, into every life a little rain must fall and you can't appreciate the beauty of a rainbow without some rain, right?



Here's a family photo that I took while we were camping of my DH, our pups and myself.  The Queen refused to look at the camera no matter how many times we tried so this was the best we could get!


Now, be kind when viewing this photo; remember that we were camping in the middle of nowhere and hair and makeup were not high on my list of priorities, let alone wardrobe!  Also, I broke my glasses just before we left so I am wearing an old pair of wire rims that certainly add to that certain je ne sais quois!

I hope that this finds everyone well and that you all had a wonderful summer.  I can't believe that it is October already, dare I say that Christmas is just around the corner?!  How the time does fly when you are having fun!  It's time to get back into the crafting swing of things; I've totally missed the fall and Hallowe'en season this year and am definitely already behind the eight ball as far as Christmas is concerned as well.  But I have to say that I have enjoyed my sabbatical and the time away from the computer (please don't anyone take that personally.  I love you all, just not the hours each day that are spent on this dang machine!).  So I am going to change my modus operandi where computer time is concerned; it will be kept to a minimum and I am going to try and keep more balance in my life.  It may mean fewer sales on Etsy and the loss of some online acquaintances but life is much too short to spend it sitting in front of a computer screen, IMHO.

So I am off to open up my selling blog and my Etsy shop and get back to creating.  If you have a minute, let me know how you all are and I will try to get about to read everyone's blogs and do some catching up.  We will talk again soon and it's good to be back!

Deb

5 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo! So great to have you back, but can totally understand wanting to take computer time in moderation. It looks like you had a wonderful time. The family photo, by the way, looks wonderful. You both looked so relaxed and peaceful. I had to giggle at Queen not wanting to look at the camera. Who says dogs aren't like humans!?!

    Love ya,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you the other day ~ wondering where you've been. Welcome back ~ so nice to hear from you again.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!!! I've been taking time off the computer as well. I may miss stuff but I'm getting a lot more done these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! It's nice to get away ever so often.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very glad you are back. I've missed you and wondered where you'd gone :(
    Love the photos especially the one of you and your family.you all look like you had a wonderful holiday.I'm glad you're back though....did I tell you that? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo