Monday, November 5, 2012

Catching Up Monday

Hi everyone, hope you had a restful weekend and got some extra shut eye with the time change.  I love the 'fall back' time change when we get an extra hour to snooze but hate the 'spring forward' variety!  I apologize for not posting sooner, I had promised to share my Olde Primitive Peddler listings with you on the first of November, but as you will see, I've been a tad busy!

So here are my November 1st listings at the Olde Primitive Peddler.  I only managed to get two items made (amazing how the first of the month sneaks up on you!) and hope you like them.  First, I made a gingerbread men wreath from an 18" grapevine wreath form that I've had kicking around downstairs forever.


I added some mittens, candy canes, dried orange slices and a cheesecloth bow to this wreath as well as the gingers plus lots of mica flakes for sparkle!

And my second listing is for a snowman cheese box light, this great vintage Velveeta cheese box was in the destash goodies that I got from my dear friend Nancy of Stitches 'n Strokes earlier this year.


I LOVE how this turned out, I've got it sitting on my mantel and turn it on each night even though it is only November!  It will be hard to part with this cutie.  If you are interested in either of these items, they will be listed exclusively in my OPP shop for the month of November and then will move to my Etsy shop and my selling blog if they are still available at that time.

In addition to my OPP offerings, I've also been working on some new Christmas ornaments for my Etsy shop.  First of all, here's a Joy Santa Owl ornie that I made in response to a request from a lovely repeat customer.


I haven't heard back from them yet but I'm hoping they like him, I sure do!

Then, I made an Appliqued Snowman Mitten ornament.



It's been quite some time since I did any stitching and it was fun to get back to it!

Next, here's a Hand Painted Candy Cane ornie that I embellished with some prim goodies.


I dried a bunch of navel oranges in my dehydrator for the Gingerbread Wreath so you'll be seeing lots of them showing up as I have many, many slices dried LOL!  They do look pretty though embellished with some homespun and sprinkled with mica flakes;  hmmmm, might just make some orange slice ornies or bowl fillers now that I'm thinking of it!

And then finally, I gussied up one of my Snowie Tuck bowl fillers with a hanger and some mica flakes for a little Homespun Snowman ornie.


They are all currently available in my Etsy shop if you are interested and once I get some of the mica flakes and glass glitter vacuumed up off the floor (it's everywhere!!) I will add them to my selling blog as well.

I've got lots of other goodies in the 'queue' as well so stay tuned for what's coming next!  And by the by, I do NOT have my Christmas tree decorated already, these pictures were taken on a little pre-decorated tree that I use outdoors at Christmas time.  Comes in handy for ornie pictures!

Hope you have a great week and we will talk again soon.  Thanks for stopping by!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. Wow Deb ~ you have been busy!
    All such wonderful creations!
    TFS
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy bee you've been! LOVE them all!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have indeed been a busy lady! All of them are just wonderful.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're a creative whirlwind. Nice work. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving such a lovely note. You're welcome any time! Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo