Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello Winter, We've Been Expecting You

 It's amazing what a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I was wandering around the yard snapping pictures of the fall foliage.


We had some snow on the ground, but not a lot and some of the leaves were still green and just starting to turn in the garden.


You could feel that winter was on it's way though, even though the calendar still says it is fall.  On my bedtime walk with the pups a couple of nights ago, it felt like winter and I wrote a post about it.

And then last night, when I opened up the door, I was met with this.


It was snowing hard and wasn't showing any signs of letting up.  When I went to bed there was already about 2 inches on the ground and this morning we woke up to a good 4 inches of snow.


The Queen Anne's Lace has a crown of snow this morning, appropriate, don't you think?


And the blue flax is bending gracefully under the weight of the snow.


So welcome winter, take a seat, I expect you'll be staying a while.

Deb

P.S.  I forgot that I had promised to post a better picture of those cute ice skates I had made from a Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern, here they are and yep, they are still going to be mine, love 'em!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,still love the skates!I agree it is amazing how fast things change,seems like it happens in a blink of the eye.Lovely pictures thanks for sharing.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we are in the same boat Deb. One boot short for me at all times!
    Enjoy!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are adorable skates, there are many places that they could add a touch of whimsey to.

    So snow, gone, here?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh snow is always so pretty. Your ice skates came out beautifully.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo