Friday, November 9, 2012

Skating Away


Okay, I know the picture isn't very good since I had to take it inside with my flash, but I just finished these ice skates from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives and they are so dang cute I had to take a picture of them!  It's not often I make something that I fall so completely in love with but these skates are going to be mine, I can't stand to part with them!  They are absolutely prim perfect for the coming holidays.  I'll take some more pictures tomorrow that will do them more justice.

It's been snowing all day here, not a lot but the ground is white and there is a nip in the air.  It was a perfect day to stay indoors with the fire crackling and make some Christmas cards and these adorable skates.  The snow and the cold put me in a nostalgic, holiday spirit so I lite my coal oil lamps


 and my glass candle lamps


 on the fireplace mantel.  A few Christmas decorations are starting to make their appearance, it's beginning to look a little bit like Christmas around here :O)


Hope you had a wonderful day and talk to you again soon, wishing you a peaceful and restful evening.

Deb



3 comments:

  1. Those skates are adorable...I can see why you don't want to part with them, but you had better make some for your shop, they are going to be in demand.

    I am in the process of repainting a pair of red sparkle glittered one's that came with painted red soles, I need to repaint them with primer to get rid of it....have you ever tried to get rid of glitter on leather... I should just go and buy a pair at the thrift store.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skates and your mantel is so inviting! Enjoy creating! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skates Deb!
    Your oil lamps are soooo pretty!
    I just bought one today ~ but need a wick for it.
    Love your little touches of Christmas!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo