Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Little Snow

We had a little snow here yesterday so I thought I'd show you some pictures of our outdoor Christmas lights that I took last night.


It wasn't much snow, only a foot or so!!


I love how the lights glow under the snow but have to admit I miss the old incandescent Christmas lights, remember how they used to melt the snow around them and sit glowing in a little melted "snow bowl"?  I know they were wasteful energy wise but they were beautiful.


I have a spray of garland and lights over the french doors coming out onto the deck, it looks so pretty with it's cap of snow!


I managed to snap a picture of the Northern Flicker that's been visiting our bird feeders, unfortunately I didn't have my zoom lens on the camera so you'll have to click on the photo too see him clearer but he is so beautiful.  As you can see, this was taken BEFORE the big snowfall we had yesterday!

Hope your Christmas preparations are done and you are relaxing.  I'm still plugging away but the end is in sight, or it was until I got a new order this morning on Etsy; back to the salt mines!  Knew I should have put my shop on Vacation mode until the holidays were over!  Enjoy your days, be they snowy or not and I'll be back soon with pictures of our Christmas tree all decorated.


Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo