Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

Good evening everyone, hope this finds you all well.  We had a snowy day here today but it was glorious a couple of days ago, just take a look.


A fresh fall of snow the night before and then a blue sky day, magic!  We had some visitors as well.

A couple of mule deer does and their fawns.  They look to be in wonderful shape, beautiful coats and everyone looked fat and happy.  They munched on the shrubbery for a bit and then moved on but were back later that day and yesterday as well, so looks like they have moved into the neighbourhood.  The Delinquent is quite perturbed when she looks out of the window and sees them and we won't let her out to chase them!

I was going to post some pictures of our Christmas tree all decorated yesterday evening but then our power went out and didn't come back on till the wee hours of the morning, so there went that plan!  We had snow and wind yesterday so a hydro line must have come down but it was back on this morning.  So I took pictures today and here is our 14 foot Christmas tree, decorated for the season :O)


I told my DH that I think that this is the biggest tree that we've ever had here, I had a heck of a time getting any decorations on the front near the top this year.  Usually I can hang off of the staircase or the balcony or stand at the tippy top of our step ladder but this year, not a chance!  I had to toss the lights and the garland around the front of the tree at the top to get it on there!  We have agreed that next year we WILL downsize as we are both getting a little long in the tooth to be hanging off of balconies, stairs or ladders without fear of breaking a hip or living to talk about it!  But it does look beautiful, regardless of the death defying feats that were necessary to get it decorated :O)

As the days before Christmas are growing short and I still have much to accomplish, I'm not sure if I will be able to get back here to my blog before the 25th.  So just in case, I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and will leave you with another picture of our tree.  Have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones and may Santa bring you all your heart could desire!  With much love, Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo