Friday, February 1, 2013

Coming Up For Air

Hello everyone, my apologies for not posting but I've been busy, busy, busy with orders and am just getting caught up now.  Not that I'm complaining, January was an incredible month for me and I'd like to thank all of my customers for their business; 2013 is off to one heck of a start!

Here's a couple of the items I was busy with, a lovely customer asked if I could make these standing bunnies from an Olde Homestead Barn pattern for her and I was happy to do it for her.  Here's Ottis:

And here is Scooter:


Aren't they too cute?  Love them, I've got them cut out to make them for myself when I can.

I also made up a couple of new items for my Olde Primitive Peddler shop for my 1st of the month listings.  With Saint Patrick's Day coming soon, I designed these LUCK bowl fillers.


And then I made this adorable primitive folk art sheep from a pattern by Off The Beam,  I call her Shelby :O)


They are both available in my OPP shop exclusively for the month of February if you are interested in them.

I want to tell you how I found Pat's (Off The Beam) pattern for her folk art sheep.  If you are on Facebook, check out the Pattern Mobbing page.  It sounds scary but is a lot of fun; each month they choose one pattern by one designer for everyone to go and purchase, a pattern mob!  It's a great way to support all of the amazing pattern designers out there and you will discover some new and wonderful patterns, just like Shelby :O)  The mob will be forming soon for this month's pattern, so make sure to 'like' their page and join in the fun.

I hope to get some time now to make some new items, I feel like I'm behind the eight ball with creating my own designs.  I've got lots of sketches and ideas floating around in my head but keep running out of hours in the day to get them of off the paper.  So many ideas, so little time!

Hope that this post finds you all well and enjoying some sunshine.  We have been having some incredible weather here; sunshine, temperatures well above freezing and with the days getting longer it is beginning to feel like (dare I say it?!) Spring!  Hopefully I haven't jinxed it by actually putting that out there.  Thanks so much for stopping by to read my ramblings and I will endeavour to post a little more frequently, hope to see you again soon!

Deb

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Everything looks so cute! Thanks for showing us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new rabbits!!! I am sure your customer will be very plesed!

    hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bunnies are precious! Of course, you knew I would think that. Love all your work girlfriend and wishing you a very successful year ahead.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new rabbits!Hoping that all of 2013 is as good for you as January.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bunnies are so cute!I ♥ them.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo