Saturday, February 16, 2013

Serafina, An Angelic Finish!


Well, here she is, meet Serafina, the Angel of Spring.


I have to tell you that she turned out nothing like I was anticipating; it's funny how they take on a life and personality of their own as they develop.  I chose the name Serafina for her as it means "heavenly winged angel" which I thought was rather appropriate.


I made her wings from sheet music for the song "The Flowers That Bloom In The Spring" from the operetta "The Mikado" by Gilbert and Sullivan


and since she IS an angel, I thought she needed a halo of some form so I made her this braided head dress from jute intertwined with flowers and spring grasses.

And of course she had to have some Spring flowers to sprinkle about as she flew, so I made this little bouquet of posies for her to hold onto.

She's the first doll that I've ever made in this style and I have to say I do love her!  She will be one of my listings for our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Spring Fling Celebration' that will be starting on Monday, February 25th on Etsy.  I have promised to list 4 brand new items in total, so I best get back to work on the other three!  They are still in the 'ideas on paper' phase of creation so I've lots to accomplish in a short period of time (as usual!!).

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful weekend; it is sunny and glorious here today, the snow is melting and the birds are singing and it truly does feel as if Spring is on it's way.  Serafina seems to have worked her magic already!  I'll be back soon to show you some other new finishes, think Spring everyone!

Deb

6 comments:

  1. She's absolutely gorgeous, right down to the last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my, isn't she quite the sweet thing though... too cute! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to "meet" Serafina.:) She is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Deb!! Love her!
    Enjoy your evening,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo