Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Welcome Spring


Here is my fourth and final finish for our Old Farmhouse Gathering Team's 'Spring Fling Celebration' which will be launching on Monday, February 25th on Etsy.


The cross stitch pattern is a free one I found on a wonderful blog called subrosa and I stitched it on some beige 14 count Aida cloth with some lovely Valdani floss that I purchased from Michelle over at The Raspberry Rabbits.


I LOVE this floss, it is subtly variegated so you get this wonderful shading without even trying :O)  I then lightly tea stained the finished cross stitch to give it an aged appearance.  The frame was a dollar store find that I painted and distressed


and then further aged with some antiquing varnish.  I have to say I love this and will find it hard to part with it!

Every time I do some cross stitching I remember how much I love it and how restful it is; I stitched up this piece in the evenings while watching the telley, a much better use of my time than staring mindlessly at that infernal box!  I've got some other patterns printed out and ready to stitch so you may see some more cross stitch pieces appearing in the future.

I hope that you will be able to visit Etsy on Monday, February 25th and type in SFOFG in the search box to find the hundreds of items that our talented Old Farmhouse Gathering team will be listing for the Spring Fling Celebration.  Hope you find that perfect piece for your home to celebrate the season and happy shopping!

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it turned out really nice. I think there is going to be some really nice stuff at the celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it turned out.I have this chart in my to do pile.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that pattern printed off but when I am ever going to get time to stitch it, I don't know!! I really love the variegated threads you used!
    lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job, and I love the tea dyed effect! I don't know how you can get so much done so quickly! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Fabulous Deb! Looking forward to the celebration myself!!
    Enjoy your day,
    Bar

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it's a really nice work, and this frame is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Great job on the frame too!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo