Friday, March 15, 2013

Live In The Moment


I was just over at Heather's blog, Life is a Garden and these are my Colours, reading her most recent beautiful and inspirational post, and found this lovely graphic that she had created to share with us all.  And it really struck a chord with me today.  We live in such a fast paced and competitive world; everyone is always rushing somewhere, worrying about what they yet have to do, scheming about how they are going to afford the newest doodad that everyone 'must have'.  Our electronic gadgets rule our lives; we walk about this world with our noses stuck in our devices, oblivious to the beauty around us.

And it struck me so hard, as I read Heather's graphic, that it is time to STOP.  It is time to BREATH.  It is time to open our hearts and our minds to the MOMENT.  Spring is here in my part of the world, is it creeping closer in yours?  Have you stepped outside your insular existence to even notice?  I was out on a walk with the pups this morning and the sun was just peeking over the top of the hill behind us.  I stopped, closed my eyes, and felt the warmth of the sun on my face.  I smelled the earth awakening from it's long winter slumber.  I heard the song birds, newly arrived, trilling and chirping and rejoicing in the trees.  I felt the earth under my feet yielding to my weight as the cold hand of Jack Frost melted away.  And I felt peace.  I felt wholeness.  I felt at one with this beautiful world in which we live.

And it is time that you felt the same.  So I hope that you will take a moment today to just BE.  And be thankful.

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb . . . that was really lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb... you are just so sweet to mention me... and thank you... your sentiments are just lovely and I am so glad you are taking time to just "enjoy"... I have another graphic coming up in a soon to be post that I hope will be just as inspiring, I'm just adding some finishing touches! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo