Thursday, March 14, 2013

One Down, One To Go


I finally finished the billy goat bowl fillers that I showed you a couple of days ago, I decided to make them in three different sizes; small, medium and large; just like in the fable "Three Billy Goats Gruff".  I contemplated adding an ogre but decided against it :O)  The pattern for them is in the works and should be completed later tonight or tomorrow.  I just listed the completed billy goat bowl fillers in my Prim Nest shop if you are interested in them and the pattern will be on Pattern Mart when it's done.

Now, the free standing billy goat that I've been working on is STILL giving me grief!  I've tried numerous configurations (with special thanks to Heather at Life Is A Garden and These Are My Colours for her suggestions and pattern links :O) but I'm still not happy with it.  Now I am thinking that it is not the gusset that is causing me to tear my hair out but the body shape, so the NEXT prototype will have a different body shape to see if that will solve my problems.  I think that will be attempt number seven?!  I even enlisted my DH to see if he could visualize what I needed to change better than I could... let's just say that the recommendations were not exactly constructive!  I love him to pieces but sewing is very obviously not his strong suit!  So I will soldier on and will let you know how the battle is progressing, it has now reached the point that I am going to figure out how to do this come heck or high water; I will NOT be defeated by a silly piece of fabric!

I also wanted to show you a new painting that I just purchased on eBay, it is by Cathy Horvath-Buchanon of SoloWork Studio.  She is an amazing folk artist from Ontario, Canada and this painting is entitled "Abstract Pink Trees River".


The picture doesn't begin to do it justice, the colours and vibrancy of the brush strokes are just stunning in person.  Cathy sells on eBay and on Etsy; check out her work, I think you might fall in love with it just as I have.  I have another painting of hers as well and can't wait to purchase number three!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend, we are in for some rain but the snow is disappearing rapidly and the robins have returned, happy days!  Spring is springing!

Deb

3 comments:

  1. Loving those goats! :-) They make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, your goats are adorable filling the bowl... as for your other prototype, some take longer to achieve than others, don't they... but I know you will get it! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so excited to see your goats and they are amazing!! You are so talented!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo