Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Name Says It All

Hi everyone, I just have to share with you this amazing pinkeep that I purchased from Nan Lewis over at Threadwork Primitives.  She calls it her "Cottage Charm Pinkeep" and my gosh, the name says it all, it is so charming!


I have to tell you that the picture does not do this beautiful pinkeep justice, the colours are exquisite and the stitching, oh my!  Nan stitched her design on 32 count antiqued linen, the delicacy of the stitches is quite amazing.  And look at the edges!


Perfect little cross stitches all around the edge of the pinkeep, so lovely!  If you are not familiar with Nan's work or her designs, please pay her a visit at her blog www.threadworkprimitives.blogspot.com and at her Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/threadworkprimitives.  She has wonderful finished items as well as her beautiful patterns for sale for all you stitchers out there.  Thanks so much Nan, I will treasure your pinkeep always.

My last post was about the challenges that I've commited to over at Cloth Doll Artistry and also at Ravenwood Whimzies.  I'm going to combine one of the CDA challenges with Wendy's Spring Doll challenge and have started on that doll.  Here's a peek:


Hee-hee, that's all your getting right now.  Wish I could show you more but I put my back out when I bent over to wash my feet in the shower a couple of days ago (sad but true!) and so my sitting and stuffing time has been curtailed significantly.  Fortunately the combined effects of Voltaren emulgel and ASA have worked their magic so it is already starting to feel better, thank goodness!  And it had better stay feeling better as not only do I have a lot of items to make and stuff but we are about to start on the destruction and re-construction of our back deck and I will need a  strong and healthy back for that particular endeavour!  DH will be home later today and then will be off work until the 28th so there will be much cursing and swearing hammering and sawing going on over the next few days around here ;O)

Since I probably won't be back for a few days here in Blogland as we work on the deck, have a great weekend everyone and I'll update you on the doll and the deck in a few.  Wish us luck!

Deb
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Sure just keep teasing us with just showing us one leg! LOL! :) I love the pin cushion! What beautiful work and on such a small area! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pinkeep, love it! Now you have to quit teasing us with your doll, can't wait to see! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding my little creation. I really love what I do and it warms my heart to hear how much your will enjoy your prim pinkeep. Thank you again my friend. :) Smiles, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Deb, I'm just recovering from throwing mine out! Was going to go and get a shot but decided not to right now. I'm sure there will be another time that I'll have to go :(
    LOVE your little Pin Keep! Going over to visit her now!
    Working on my dolls, too!! So fun!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little pin keep! Glad to see you have "a leg up" on your 3 challenges... looking forward to seeing more! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty pin keep. Looking forward to seeing your doll. I participated in Wendy's Challenge also. Praying for you with your back- I know how painful that can be.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo