Monday, April 29, 2013

What's Wrong With This Picture?!

What's wrong with this picture?!


And this picture ....


And this picture!


Yep, this is what I awoke to this morning!  Actually, the storm woke me up from a dead sleep at 4:00 a.m.; the wind was howling and ice pellets were pounding off the roof.  I dozed off and on till 7:00 then got up and looked out the window, yuck!

This site really concerned me ...


Our hummingbirds returned two days ago so I had made up a batch of syrup for them and hung out the feeder but when I saw the snow and the temperature this morning my heart sank, would the poor wee guys be able to endure this weather, would they survive?


Apparently they are much tougher than they look!  Mr. Rufous Hummingbird is definitely a little 'puffier' than normal but he was at his station, guarding the feeder and chasing off any other Rufous or Calliope hummer who dared to invade his turf!


Hang in there buddy, this weather can't last much longer .... can it?!

Deb

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Yuck:(

    I actually saw a butterfly yesterday and a couple of bumble bees. I was very surprised. It isn't very warm and it's pouring rain. No snow though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you got what we had this past week, we got another 7 inches of snow... a lot of it went, but we still have lots of snow, the wind howled here yesterday too and I worried about a family of ravens that are nesting high up in the pines and the wind was blowing the trees almost totally sideways! Silly weather, what is Mother Nature playing at! Hope it warms up for all of us soon! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birds...and tough little guys. Snow:0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supposed to get warmer by the end of the week...the end of the week.

    It was stinking freezing here, so I can imagine how cold it's at your place.

    And I am starting to really dislike the wind, this is day 4...go away.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm the hummers definitely look like they have their fat feathers on. Looks funny to see them at the feeder with snow on it.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Deb, I thought we had it bad in Ontario! At least we did not get any snow or frost. Brrrr. will it ever end.

    Your pendants are on their way first thing in the morning. Thanks again.

    hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Sending warm tropical thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, you weren't kidding! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrrr! We have had an early cold snap here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo