Monday, April 8, 2013

Where Has The Time Gone?!

Good Monday morning everyone, hope you had a great weekend and are revved up and ready for the coming week.  I've been busy here, orders to fill and curling to watch.  Yes, I admit it, I love curling and was glued to the television set over this last week watching the men compete in the Ford World Curling Championship.  It was held this year here in B.C., in our capital city of Victoria.  Our Canadian team gave it a valiant effort but ended up coming in second to the Swedish team so congratulations to Sweden!  Curling is one of those sports you either love or hate; I grew up watching my Mom and Dad play and have thrown the odd rock myself and love the strategy of the game.  My DH?; not so much!  He suffers through the curling season as I tune in to every possible tournament I can find that is televised and he is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that the season is officially over :O)

I've also been busy with my newest endeavour, Something To Remind Me Photography.

 
I love taking photographs and most folks seem to appreciate my pictures when they see them, so I decided to open a new little biz

I have a blog, www.SomethingToRemindMePhotography.blogspot.com and just started up a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SomethingToRemindMePhotography and added some new wildflower photographs to my Etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingToRemindMe yesterday.


I took the wildflower photographs last spring and summer, can't wait until they start to bloom again.
I still have much to learn when it comes to taking pictures but I do enjoy it and hope that will be able to stop by to follow my blog and like my page.

It might be a little while yet before the wildflowers start to bloom here, we have had some decidedly chilly weather over the last few days and I awoke to snow on the hills around us this morning, not too far above us!  It was so beautiful and warm and sunny earlier this Spring but now Mother Nature is making us pay the price for that lovely weather!  At least all of the snow has gone from around the house and the trees are thinking about budding out; I even have some daffodils starting to form blossoms in the front garden so I really shouldn't be complaining.  But hey, it's the weather, if we didn't complain about it what would we be complaining about?!

To celebrated the coming explosion of flowers as the weather warms, I made another chalkboard printable for you to print and frame.  I love this quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, so very true isn't it?

 
It will be 5" x 7" when printed out so an easy size to find a $1 store frame for.  Just click on the image above, then right click and save to your computer and print it out on some card stock.  If you are having problems downloading the image from Blogger, click here to download it from Box.net.

Well, I must get back to work; I am making some pillow shams for a wonderful client and the little devils are proving to be a challenge!  They are 24" x 24" in size and piecing together the images I want to transfer to them is a little more difficult than I had first anticipated.  It always sounds so easy when you first come up with the idea, doesn't it?!  Have a great week everyone and hope the flowers are blooming and laughing in your part of the world.

Deb

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. OK Deb-you curling addict.
    My husband and son just finished their league games and are all in a slump right now with "nothing to do"!
    I gave them a list!
    Love your new blog and photos!!
    Such a talented gal you are!!
    Enjoy your evening,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are a busy lady! I don't know all the ins and outs of curling, but I find it interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Barb's post about curling not too long ago! I remember watching it on TV growing up all time. Good luck with those shams! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch curling when I was a little American girl growing up in Canada. Not too much curling done here in Kentucky :)
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry don't know anything about curling.
    Beautiful photo ~ you do a wonderful job!!!
    Thanks for the chalkboard print ~ love it!
    Wishin' it would warm up here in WI.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Deb on your new blog and Etsy shop! I'm not at all a curling fan, I have participated in it, but that was many years ago, was not my most favourite past time... in fact, it was a chore to go! LOL! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on starting the photography site..that's great.

    I am going to head over there to like your page.

    Great shots, looking forward to seeing more.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo