Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad's Day

Image courtesy of The Graphics Fairy

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!  Hope that you got to spend the day with those that you love the best and that they spoiled you rotten :O)  I was lucky enough to be able to spend part of Father's Day with my Dad this year; it's been many years since we've been together on this special day and it was so wonderful to be with him.  I had a great visit with both my Mom and Dad over the last few days, we had lots of good laughs and good food and added to our wonderful family memories :O)

I had promised to post a picture of my finished glass garden sculpture that I was making for my Mixed Media Studio challenge when it was all together and here it is:

 
I'm calling it my "Captured Butterfly Bird Bath" since I have a stained glass butterfly inside the vase that I used for the base.  It was fun to put it together and I'm now scouting around for other glass bits and bobs to glue together for more garden art, it is rather addictive!
 
Hope that you all had a lovely weekend and I'll be back again soon with some pictures of my (hopefully) completed Sumabird WIP I showed you pics of in my last post.  Have a great week and we'll talk again soon,

Deb

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb! Your Captured Butterfly Bird Bath is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great glass sculpture Deb. You did a great job.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bird bath Deb, glad you enjoyed your time with family. ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you got to spend time with your folks...sure miss mine.

    Your Bird Bath is just SPECtacular!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo