Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Little Of This A Little Of That

Hey-ho everyone, hope this finds you all well.  I've a little of this and a little of that to share with you today and it even includes some progress on my (GASP!) Goth doll!  So here we go.

First, I finished up the pattern for my prim pig bowl fillers.


It's available in my Etsy shop and on Pattern Mart.  Made the fastest sale I've ever made on Etsy after listing it, the first pattern sold in about 5 minutes LOL!

And then I made a Halloween pumpkin door hanger to list in my Prim Nest shop for the 15th of the month update.


I LOVE how this turned out.  The bat's were inspired by Cherie's 'Bat' Cat Cone that she made for a swap she was in.  I used Cart Before The Horse's cat cone pattern (shrunk down considerably!) and then printed out some real bat wing images onto card stock from Alpha Stamps 'Spooky Wings' collage sheet.  The 'BOO' rusty tag is actually a canning jar lid that I aged using a wonderful tutorial from Home Frosting.  And I used some real black feathers for the crows wings :O)  I love it and will be hard pressed to part with it, think I am going to have to make another one for myself!

And the final share in my this and that post is a picture of the progress I've made on my Goth doll for our Mixed Media Studio Q3 Challenge.


Okay, okay, it may appear that not much has happened but believe me, I've been working hard on her!  Her head has been sewn, stuffed and needle sculpted and I made a wooden block for her French's mustard torso to sit on.  The block took forever!  I had to glue together 3 pieces of 2 x 4, then get my DH to cut off the edges with the table saw (I'd have done it myself but that piece of machinery scares me to death!) and then rounded everything off on the belt sander.  Whew!  Next I have to add the wire armature for her arms and then sculpt them with paper clay and also cover the fabric head with paper clay.  Then cover her torso with some mod podge and tissue (I think, not sure how I'm going to do it exactly at this time!) and sculpt her a 'bosom' as I see her in some sort of corset top with a full skirt.  Stay tuned for the continuing Goth doll saga and wish me luck!  Have a lovely week and happy creating!

Deb

6 comments:

  1. Love those pigs! I'm in awe of your needle sculpting skills!

    Have fun
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pigs and bats! Your doll is coming along. A lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the progress you made on her. You only had the mustard bottle before, If I remember correctly.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one very creative, and busy woman. I love the piggies too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the piggie pattern Deb! Your goth doll is coming together-can't wait to see her! (I hate saws too) ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see how your goth doll turns out - I can see you will be ( have been ) putting a lot of hard work into her!
    Congrats on your fast selling pig pattern - they are so cute!
    Also love your pumpkin, bats and crow door hanger - those are the best looking bats I've seen in quite some time!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo