Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sweet Thing Doll Head Pin

So here is my doll head that I showed you in my last post, all gussied up.


I found the 'Sweet Thing' charm in my stash ..


and she just sort of evolved from there.  Sweet thing led to honey, which led to bees, which led to flowers and voila!  I deconstructed a cloth flower that I had and curled the petals around her head, added a couple of leaves to her forehead and then added the bee charm.  She's mounted onto a quarter sized wood round which has the pin back attached to it and from which the charm is hanging.  I've never made a doll head pin before so hopefully this was what they had in mind over at the Mixed Media Studio for the swap, no one else has posted any pictures of theirs yet so I'm feeling a bit nervous!  You know how it goes when you are in a swap, worrying yourself to death that your 'stuff' isn't going to be good enough.  So far so good though and I'm hoping Sweet Thing is going to be up to the correct standard as well.

The 'Wedding' theme ATC is next on the agenda; the theme was expanded to include handfasting, celebration and unity as well as wedding so I am focusing on handfasting as it links directly to my Celtic roots.  Did some research, found some lovely images and embellishments and have the mock up completed.  I do a quick mock up of the elements in my Paint.net program before I start cutting and pasting so I can see how they are going to work together.  One of the gals in our Mixed Media group shared a great idea for planning your ATC layout; she works it up in large scale until she has what she likes and then uses the large scale layout in other projects, cuts out elements or uses it as a background for art journaling, etc.  Wonderful idea!  I think I will try that with the next ATC I do for our monthly swaps.

I also have to work on making a pattern for my Prim Pig Bowl Fillers;


A gal contacted me on Etsy and asked if I was going to make a pattern for them as she thought they were too cute and wanted to make some.  Her wish was my command, so the three little pigs will be available as a pattern soon and I'll have it listed in my Etsy shop and on Pattern Mart when it is done.

And as it will be the middle of the month before you know it, I also need to work on getting a new item or two made to list in my Prim Nest shop for the 15th of the month.  I have a pumpkin form that I got in my destash haul from my friend Wendy so am thinking it will become a door hanger? or a shelf sitter? and I do believe that bats and crows will also be involved :O)  And I also just bought a digital download of some awesome potion labels from Alpha Stamps so I'm thinking some Halloween bottles and jars filled with all kinds of creepies and crawlies might be making an appearance.  A nice little gathering of ingredients for your witches cauldron perhaps, bwaa ha ha ha!

Hope you are having a great start to your week, my DH is on his way home and some friends are on their way over so more deck building followed by barbequing is on the agenda for today.  Stay cool and happy creating!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. I love her & the pigs are tooooo cute!! I would love a few, but I still don't know how to use my sewing machine - LOL - you doll head pin is sure to be the hit of the show :) As always your work is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Thing is beautiful. So tiny and lots of detail. Glad you have the patience for it. I don't think I would.

    have a great barbeque.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doll head turned out so beautiful and love your little piggies! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some cute piggies...love what you have created there.

    Oh, and thanks so much for the link, that's a really fun site.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo