Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting Back In The Saddle ... Slowly But Surely

Hi everyone, hope this finds you all well.  Fall is definitely here in B.C., it was -4 C (about 25 F) this morning and a sparkling carpet of frost was covering our new deck.  Yes, believe it or not the deck is nearing completion!  The railing still has to be installed, but all the deck boards are in place and it is looking great.  It was a long job but my DH and I are still talking to each other so it wasn't all that bad :O)  In retrospect, my unexpected illness and the subsequent need to cancel our vacation was a good thing for the deck since it allowed us my darling DH to complete it.  We'd just be starting to apply the decking now if we had gone away on our camping excursion and with the changing of the seasons there's a good chance it wouldn't have gotten done before the snow flies.  So there is indeed a silver lining to my getting sick, I think?!

I am slowly but surely recovering and each day my energy level improves.  No more headaches or dizzy spells (thank goodness!) and I'm able to be on the computer without it bothering me.  I'm slowly reopening some of my selling sites with inventory I have on hand since my creative mojo is still playing hide and go seek but I felt the urge to make some new Halloween bowl fillers today so I'm hopeful I will find it again soon.

But first things first, I have to clean up my studio; what a disaster area!  Everything has been stacked willy nilly, here and there, and there isn't a clear surface to be seen.  I see pictures of other people's beautiful, neat and organized crafting spaces and wonder "How do you do that?!".  Chaos is the order of the day in my space and there comes a time when even I can't stand it anymore!  So first some cleaning and organizing and then (hopefully) some creating will ensue.

Hope you all have a great weekend, we will be dividing our time between getting the railing up on the deck and cutting down some trees for our wood heater; the recent cold has reminded us that it's time to start cutting and splitting that firewood!  Enjoy the weekend and happy creating,

Deb

7 comments:

  1. So great your feeling better.....TGIF

    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your feeling better Deb. Been missing you at the Farmhouse.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you are back and feeling better. Take it slow and easy and don't overdo it......yes thanks Mommy, sorry LOL

    Glad your deck is getting done too.

    Enjoy the cooler weather, I am.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so glad to see you back:) I'm doing some much needed cleaning today too. When it gets to the point that you can't find your scissors...it's time...LOL

    p.s. love your wallpaper...so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, so glad to hear from you, I was so wondering how you were, and didn't want to bother you.

    Brrrr cold this morning, but the frost was burned off by the time the sun came out.

    Helllllooo winter.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to know that you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so glad to hear you are on the mend, Deb. Enjoy your Sunday tomorrow. Sending you all my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo