Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting Ready To Celebrate


Our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Winter's Coming Celebration' will be starting soon; from October 28th through to November 16th type WCCOFG into the search  bar on Etsy to find hundreds of new winter related items from our talented team.  Don't you love the graphic that Deena of Ewe 'N Me Printables created?  She's such a talented gal and very generously makes all of the graphics for OFG's celebrations.  Thank you Deena :O)

I'm still working on my contributions to the celebration but did get a snowman door greeter completed from a great pattern by the The Olde Country Cupboard.


I love the little mouse hiding in the pocket on the snowman's top hat.  And remember the snowman shelf sitter I showed you in my last post and how I was saying that I couldn't use him for the Celebration since his tree was too fragile to ship?  Well, the very astute Miss Felicia of Raggedy Creations pointed out to me that I could just make the snowman for the celebration, couldn't I?  Well, yes indeed I can Felicia; how silly was I to not realize that?!  As I replied to Felicia, it's at times like that I realize by brain may not be quite as recovered as I think it is!  So another shelf sitter snowman is now sitting on the dining room table, waiting for his embellishments, and I think I will make a little pillow tuck for him as well, kind of a two-fer listing :O)

Then I have a stuffed Christmas mitt from a pattern by Becky Erickson sewn up and ready to embellish as well as some wee Christmas stockings and mice, also by Becky.  As I need to restock my Prim Nest shop and get it reopened, I will be working on some more Christmas items once I get the OFG Celebration listings completed and ready to go.  Stay tuned for pictures, everything is in a state of 'half-doneness' at the moment and not qutie ready for their closeups.

Hope you had a great weekend, we are enjoying spectacular fall weather here in the southern interior of B.C. right now; near 15C (60F) during the day and just around freezing at night with beautiful blue skies and not a cloud to be seen.  Things look like they are heading for a change on Wednesday (the dreaded 'mixed precipitation' is mentioned in the weather forecast AKA snow/rain/sleet!) but then clearing up again right away although with cooler daytime temperatures.  Have a great week everyone and happy creating,

Deb


1 comment:

  1. Sure glad you are feeling better and better each day.

    Ah yes fall in the Canadian Rockies....I bet it sure is beautiful.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo