Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Let The Celebration Begin

Evening everyone, hope this finds you all well.  It's getting darn frosty around these parts, it was -8 C (about 18 F) this morning when we got up and here it is, barely after 5:00 p.m., and the sun has already dipped down below the hills across the valley to the west.  Amazing how quickly the seasons seem to change isn't it?  I swear it was barely a month ago when it was light until 10:00 p.m.!

I have a couple of things I'd like to share with you today, the first is a link to a great new blog I found.  Linda of Mixed Kreations shares all kinds of wonderful recipes, tutorials and information on her blog and the one post that really caught my eye was her tutorial for copper tube beads.


Aren't they lovely?  Linda gives a step by step on how to make them using some copper tubing, patina paint and strips of printed paper;  I think the possibilities are endless on incorporating them into your mixed media, jewelry or doll creations.   Head on over to Mixed Kreations by clicking here and thanks Linda for the tutorial and for letting me share a link here on my blog.

And secondly, I'd like to let you all know that the Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Winter's Coming Celebration' has started on Etsy!


Just type in WCCOFG in the search bar on Etsy or click here to find hundreds of winter and Christmas items from our talented team created especially for this event.  It's time to get started on that holiday shopping list and what a better place to start than with OFG?  Enjoy browsing these great items and happy shopping!

Deb


2 comments:

  1. Wow! -8. It has cooled off here, at least one day its cool then next day its warm. But nothing like that. Thank you Deb for sharing my tutorial. Hope you have a wonderful day, and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo