Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here

I've finally gotten around to doing some decorating although I have to admit my heart isn't much into it this year.  But tradition dictates that the house be adorned with all the wonderful keepsakes that I've collected over the years and so I persevered and got it done (well mostly, the tree is up but not decorated yet).  I have lots of wonderful Santa's that I've made and been gifted with over the years so decided to display them on my writing desk in the front entrance this year.


And since it is a writing desk, I thought a letter to Santa would be a good addition to the tableau so I went hunting on the internet and found this wonderful letter written to Santa by David John Charles sometime in the 50's in the Eaton's department store archives.  Love that he asks for a gift for his Budi bird and how he spells 'raindeer'!


And wish I could get a better picture of these wicker trees but they are so hard to photograph when the Christmas lights are on inside them.  They are beglittered with gold and just shine and sparkle in the entry way.  The glass block 'present' decoration was a gift from a friend and goes perfectly with the trees.


The table in the front entry always has my cathedral window mirrors on it and this year I added a rose hip garland over the top.  On the left is a wonderful ceramic 'ChrisMoose', my winter magic snowman and his tree I made are in the middle and a fabulous Belsnickle gourd Santa painted by Martha Smalley is on the right.


And this picture is of some of my snowmen, love them all!


The wall cupboard was made by Carol of Firecracker Kid Primitives and an adorable snowman painting I got from Barb at Barb's Heartstrokes is on the top beside a snowman shelf sitter made by Denise of the Krazy Kraft lady.  Lots of lovely memories in this display.

I took a few more pictures of my decorations but none turned out too well so this will have to do for this year.  I did snap a picture of an adorable visitor though this afternoon:


Such a cutie!  There were three of this years fawns and Momma munching on the garden this afternoon and they all look to be in fine shape.  Beautiful thick winter coats and they appeared to be quite plump and weathering our cold weather just fine so far.  I always love to see these beautiful visitors to our yard, makes me smile every time.

I don't know how often I will be able to get back here to blog for the next while, my Mom's health has taken a sudden turn for the worse and things are very up in the air right now.  If you could find the time in this busy Christmas season to send up a prayer for her or to send her healing energy it would be so appreciated.  If I don't get back in time, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you all peace, joy and good health.  Goodbye and best wishes for now my friends.

Deb

10 comments:

  1. I will keep your Mom in my prayers. I'm praying for you, too...I know how hard it can be. Love your decorations and the beautiful deer you saw. Take care of yourself. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your Mom not feeling well. Praying she gets better soon. Keep encouraged Deb. Stay warm up there. Love your Christmas, especially the sparkling trees.

    Hugs
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your mom Deb! Prayers for you and her - this seems to all go down right before holidays. For not having the decorating spirit, you sure did your home up nice! Take care and update us when you can♥♥♥ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb--prayers and thoughts of healing headed your way for your mom!
    Your Christmas displays are fabulous!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Deb,
    Last year, my dear friend Shell at the Raspberry Rabbits bought me one of your beautiful creations- Dieter the Dragon. He is much loved and hangs in pride of place in my studio.I have caught up with your blog again and added you to my bloglist. I'm so very sorry to hear that your Mom's health is suffering and I'm sending peaceful and positive thoughts from across the Pond for a speedy recovery. Hope she will be feeling well enough for you to have a happy Christmas - and I agree with everyone - your home looks fabulous!
    Warmest Wishes, Jules (in the UK) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers up for your mom.

    Thanks for sharing your decorating, it looks wonderful Deb.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely decorations! Best to your mother and you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful decorations, and that old letter to Santa is just precious. Praying for you and your family. Prim holiday blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healing thoughts for your mum....and best wishes for you and your family over the holiday season:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb,
    We have deer in our backyard, and are thrilled to bits to see them.

    Thinking of you,and adding your Mom to my prayers, I hope that she gets better soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo