Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bits and Bobs

Hello everyone, hope this finds you all well.  I've had a great few days; just returned from a trip down to the coast to see my Mom and Dad and had a lovely visit.  It just happened to be my birthday on the 16th while I was down there, so I got treated to a lovely dinner out with my Mom and Dad and my dear Aunt, as well as some homemade birthday cupcakes (made my my Mom!).  A birthday made in heaven!  Then, when I got home, I found some birthday cookies waiting for me that my DH had made, so I am well supplied with birthday baked goods :O)

I also discovered when I got home that my Valentine heart bowl fillers:

 
had been featured in the Etsy Canada newsletter on January 16th (thank you Etsy Canada!!) so I have returned to orders for my hearts and a couple of custom order requests in my Etsy shop that folks found through the newsletter.  Another wonderful birthday present!

And as if that weren't enough, Patty Johnson, owner of The Prim Nest and editor of The Creative Times Magazine, contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in being featured in a future edition of The Creative Times.  Well yes please, thank you very much!!  I am so honoured to be asked and can't wait for the feature.  I'll let you know which edition it will be in, it's so exciting :O)

Before I left for my visit with my Mom and Dad, I finally finished up a new set of bowl fillers that I'd been working on for what seems like forever.  The poor things kept getting put on the back burner but I finally got them completed and here they are:


'The Cow Jumped Over The Moon' bowl fillers :O)  They go along with a theme that I seemed to be on last year which included my Three Little Pigs bowl fillers and the Billy Goats Gruff bowl fillers; don't know why I was so influenced by nursery rhymes but they are a good source of inspiration!  I am going to have to make up a pattern for these as well to list at Pattern Mart but if you are interested in the 'originals' they are now in my Etsy shop.

So that's all the news thats fit to print right now, off to the sewing machine to get stitching up more Valentine heart bowl fillers and start working on those custom requests.  And then I have ATC's to finish for my Mixed Media Studio swap, some altered tin cans to finish for another challenge, a Valentine heart pin to create for another swap .... ack!!!  I've got to get to work!  Have a great weekend everyone and we'll talk again soon.  Happy creating!

Deb

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, eh? What a great week Deb! You deserve it too! Love your "flying cow" bowl fillers...nursery rhymes are whimsical and magical! What great inspiration! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday. Glad you could get away and had a great time.

    Congrats to being in the magazine. Love your heart bowl fillers.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...Love the hearts...it's always nice to get orders...enjoy your weekend hugs lil raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Happy Birthday dear friend, sounds like you had a lovely time visiting your parents.Rem. you get to celebrate all month. I love your valentine bowl fillers. Congratulations on being featured on the etsy site and the magazines, what an honor. And love, love those cow jumped over the moon bowl fillers, what a talented lady you are! hugs,
    Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a good one! Love your new creations. Will pop over to your Etsy shop for a better look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy belated birthday! It sounds as if you had a fabulous time Deb. Love your bowl fillers. Congratulations on your forthcoming feature too. How wonderful!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I can see why they want to feature your work, those are all lovely.

    And happy B day to you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great birthday! and Happy Birthday...btw.

    Your hearts are beautiful and congratulations on all the attention they have garnered. It is well deserved and earned.

    ~Willa~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Behind again! Happy belated Birthday.
    Love your snowman...he melted my heart and your cow and moon are over the top!!! LOVE them!
    Congratulation on all the features, well deserved!
    Enjoy your evening,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb. Congrats on all the good news. You must be walking on air just now. :o) Belated birthday greetings to. I hope things are improving for your mom... All the best, Romona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you and I adore those hearts too! Sweetness! Happy Belated Birthday!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a very Happy Birthday my friend! I love how you spent your day and all of your special treatment. Birthday goodies always taste even better when they are homemade! Love your beautiful hearts and bowl fillers! I'm so happy for you! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a great time. Happy belated birthday!
    I see why they all like
    your hearts. they are
    beautiful. I sure like mine.
    Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo