Friday, January 24, 2014

I Can See The Light

Hello and yes I am still alive :O)  Just been busy as heck with orders; I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel though and am hoping it is not a train!  Still have a couple of orders pending but am either waiting on supplies or clarification of what they are requesting so have a minute to stop in and say hi.

In between sewing hearts (which I am now seeing in my sleep!!) I did manage to complete my ATC's that I was making for one of our Mixed Media Studio swaps.  The theme this month was 'Queen of Hearts' and starting this month we are now making two ATC's on the same theme to send to our swap partners.  Have to admit I struggled with this one; all I could see or think of was Alice In Wonderland which seemed pretty predictable but also relevant so I did make one ATC that related to that.

I used an old Queen of Hearts playing card and added a 'mirror' that I made using the cellophane from a business letter envelope and a frame from The Graphics Fairy.  I then embellished the card with some red jeweled heart stick-ons and some heart shaped confetti and grunged it up a bit (because I can't leave anything ungrunged!).

For the second ATC, I used a beautiful image that I found at The Graphics Fairy and simply encircled her with a heart, added a crown made from cardstock and foil and cut out letters to spell out Queen Of Hearts.


I then added some pearl stick-ons and a few dots and flourishes.  I still need to try and challenge myself to work with materials that I'm not familiar with and to think outside the box.  It's so hard to do though and more than a little bit scary!  But I will persevere since that's the only way growth can happen or so they say?!

And since Valentine's Day is coming soon, I made up a Valentine's postcard for my swap buddy.


I used a postcard printable from Free Pretty Things For You and printed it out on kraft cardstock, then added the adorable vintage cupid photograph from The Graphics Fairy. I then added the Valentine stamp and postal cancellation images using stamps from the Tattered Angels 'Timeless Romance' Grand Scale Clear Stamps kit and the words 'sweet friend' were from the Clear Art Stamps 'Born To Fly' stamp set (you can get this stamp set as digitals over at Crafty Vintage Girl).  The back of the postcard has another lovely image from The Graphics Fairy.  Hope my swap partner likes them all.

So that's it for now my friends, off to catch up on some other projects that have been put on the back burner and head to the post office to mail some parcels off.  Hope that you have had a creative week and for all you folks in the East, stay warm!

Deb

8 comments:

  1. Oh my girl....think I've said this before...don't know how you come up with all these neat ideas but keep doing it.

    have fun.
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you have been a busy girl! I love your ATC items, especially the Queen of Hearts card...so cleaver!

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...and here I thought you might be out of range of the inversion and were basking in the sunshine.

    Love that postcard, they have a special place in my heart.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ATCs are so pretty! Lucky swap partners!I love that you can't leave anything 'ungrunged'. What a great expression - I'm going to have to borrow that one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all Deb - and I love that you are challenging yourself with unfamiliar materials too. That is creativity alive and well. You have a gift for sure! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all turned out fabulous Deb! So fun and I really think you were thinking outside the box--great creativity!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented! I love seeing all the things you make. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo