Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter ATC Swap

Hello, hope this finds everyone safe and warm, the weather back East has been brutal!  We are basking in unseasonably warm temperatures here, hovering right around 0 C (32 F) with lovely snow flurries in between blue sky days.  I hope wherever you are that the weather will warm up for you too real soon, I think you have all suffered enough!

I had mentioned in my last post that I had made a 'Winter' ATC for a swap in my Mixed Media Studio group.  My partner received her ATC in the mail yesterday, so here is what I created:


We were to make an ATC reflecting whatever it is that winter means to us.  For as long as I can remember, winter has been all about snow, skiing and ice skating so that's what I incorporated into my piece.  I added some dimensional 'snow' around the edges, lots of snowflakes and some images of skis and skates and then sprinkled it with Glamor Dust to evoke the shining sparkle of ice crystals glinting in the snow.  I also included a paper fairy puppet that I made to the swap goodies, since my partner Robyn is a big fan of fairies.  I found a link to a great site called PheeMcFaddell.com where you can find lots of fairy and fantasy related projects.


I coloured this adorable little "Stella" fairy with some chalks, put her together with brads and then added a rivet and chain to hang her.  Robyn loves the colour purple, so a purple and yellow garden fairy she became!  I posed her in the photo with her hands on her hips since her expression looks a wee bit mischievous and sassy to me :O)

I'm working away on some projects that have been languishing since before Christmas (bad crafter, bad!) and I'll have some more pictures to share with you in a day or two.  I've also had several Etsy orders to work on over the past week, which has been a very welcome if unexpected surprise.  Maybe it's folks spending their Christmas cash that they got as a present?!  And I have MANY Mixed Media Studio swaps and challenges to work on over the next couple of months; the first items due are a 'Queen of Hearts' ATC swap and an altered tin can challenge, followed closely by a heart pin or pendant swap.  Lots to do, lots of fun and it certainly keeps the wheels a turnin' in my head (which at my age is a very good thing!!).

Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope that you are warm, safe and creating up a storm.  Talk again soon in a day or two,

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Both projects look great! Will look at that link as my daughter loves all things fairies! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog visit and your lovely comments, Deb! I've missed my friends AND my art!!! Looks like you're off to a great start to the New Year. Your little fairy is adorable!!! Colorful hugs! ♥ Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful little card and lovely fairy. Yes she does look sassy.

    rain here tomorrow and almost 50, strange weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little fae! Your wintery art looks super. I am glad to hear you aren't suffering from those awful freezing temperatures, Deb. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects:) I love Phee McFaddell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Deb, both of your creations are so awesome! You are sooo talented! I wonder what that little fairy is thinking! YAY on the etsy orders - have a great weekend ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, I am so ready for Spring, stay warm and safe. Love your swap goodies, you sure know some talented crafters. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the sweet fairy in purple and yellow! I'll go look at that website! How fun to find a new favorite place to visit! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome creations Deb!
    Happy Crafting!
    Stay Warm!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo