Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bunny Hop Number Two

Hello everyone, sorry that I didn't get these pictures posted yesterday but it was a 'town' day (grocery shopping, errands, pick up bags and bags and bags of dog food, etc.) which always turns into an all day affair so better late than never I hope!

Thanks to everyone for their comments on my Twigs 'n Sprigs stitchery that I showed you last post, I appreciate all the encouragement and am slowly coming to terms with my dry brushing :O/  Still trying to find some fabrics to edge the stitchery with and to back the pillow cover but I'm struggling since all of my 'Springy' fabrics are too vibrant to go with it and the fabrics that do coordinate look too fallish.  The search continues!  (Have to find a better way to organize my fabric stash, rooting through piles of fat quarters is not working!!)

As promised, here is a picture of bunny WIP number two, all finished up and ready to hop out the door.


From a wonderful pattern by Blue Moon Beginnings, this Carrot Sack Rabbit Door Hanger is  made with painted and aged muslin.

Don't you love those little needle sculpted faces?


I used lots of Spanish moss and rusty bells on this one and love how it turned out too.


Thanks to Vivian Fuller for a great pattern.   The carrot sack bunny door hanger is now listed in my Prim Nest shop if you are interested and the prim rabbit cutter quilt shelf sitter I showed you last post is now in my Etsy shop.

I also wanted to share with you my heart pin that I received from my Mixed Media Studio swap partner Karen.  It is so very beautiful and the Valentine card she mounted it on is spectacular as well!


Love, love, love the steam punk feel of this pin with all the gears!  Thanks so much Karen, I adore it!

I have to get cracking on my February ATC's for our Mixed Media Studio swap (they are due to be sent out on February 21st) and also get sewing new items for our Old Farmhouse Gathering teams 'New Beginnings Spring Celebration' that will be starting on February 24th on Etsy.  Holy smokes, time to get a move on!  Hope you are having a great week and that the weather is not being too inhospitable wherever you may be.  It has warmed up wonderfully here, the snow is melting and the sun is shining, woo-hoo!  Come on Spring!  We'll talk again soon and happy creating!

Deb

3 comments:

  1. Very cute bunny pair! The pin and card you received are super! We had a 20 degree day yesterday. Whoo-hoo! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the bunnies! They are so cute.Love your heart pin and card.Happy Valentine's Day friend! Be blessed,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big love for the bunnies! A BMB's pattern is on my bucket list! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo