Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Popping, Hopping In

Hi everyone, popping in quickly to show you one of the bunny finishes that I talked about last post (or should that be hopping in?!).  This is the bunny from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives.


Calling him my 'Prim Rabbit Quilt Pocket Shelf Sitter', love how he turned out!  Becky Erickson, the designer of this great pattern, said to use rusty wire for his whiskers and I love the look.


Used an old cutter quilt piece for the pocket and filled it with pip berries and Sweet Annie and then added a rusty lid tag.


I was going to use a regular hang tag but then remembered these rusty canning lid tags I'd made up a while back and I think it's the perfect addition to this guy.

The carrot sack bunnies are just about done as well but I'm running out of light to take pictures of them today so will be back tomorrow to show you bunny finish number two.

I did decide to dry brush some colour onto the 'Blessings of Spring Wreath' stitchery I showed you last post but now I'm regretting it :O(  Can't change it now, so I will have to try and come to terms with my decision!


Hopefully I will like it better once I frame it with a spring inspired fabric and get it made up into a pillow cover.  Oh well, you never know until you try!  Unfortunately when painting on fabric you are stuck with what you paint on it as removing it or covering it up is not an option.

Happy Tuesday to all and I'll be back tomorrow to show you the second set of bunnies.  Talk soon and happy creating!

Deb

11 comments:

  1. Prim Rabbit is a prim charmer indeed. And I love the stitchery!

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces and I do think that is one of Tiffany's patterns, she has lots of good freebies and I use them all the time.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both turned out great! What don't you like about the paint on the fabric? Looks fine in the photo. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bunny,such a sweet one!That tag is great,think I need to figure out how to do that for myself.LOL! Personally to me the stitchery looks wonderful with the painted area.It just breathes Spring.Have a great day.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb ~ both bunny and stitchery came out wonderful - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Bunny Deb!
    I like the color added to your stitchery. It will look great when you get it all put together!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that little guy! They both turned out really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually Deb I don't think she looks that bad but you can't always tell from the picture. I'm sure she'll be beautiful when you finish her and then you'll love her.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they are adorable! Ready for spring here -- too much snow!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo