Saturday, March 15, 2014

We Interrupt Spring

We interrupt Spring for this (hopefully) brief message from Winter:


"Hello, Winter here.  I've been reading your blog and have seen you waxing poetic about the birds and the sun and the warm temperatures but I would like to remind you that it is indeed still Winter!  To demonstrate my point, please enjoy the snowstorm that I am currently dumping on your head.


I hope that you will take the time to head outside and enjoy the lovely snowflakes the size of goose feathers but don't forget to dig out your winter gloves and boots that you so cavalierly stowed away yesterday before you  do so.  Also, please note that I have 5 more days remaining in my tenure before I have any intention of stepping aside and I retain the right to make impromptu visits during the early days of Spring's reign.


Thank you for your attention to my message and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming."

Alright, alright, I get it!  Perhaps I did jump the gun a bit in declaring that Spring was sprung around here but really Winter, I don't think you had to make such a big show out of it all!  Woke up this morning to the most incredible snow flurries, the flakes were indeed the size of goose feathers as Mr. Winter described and everything was white once again.  But in typical Spring ... er ... I mean late WINTER fashion, it has now stopped and is melting away already.  But I resolve to not tempt fate again and won't mention the 'S' word until it is officially sprung on March 20th at 9:57 a.m. PDT (not that I'm counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds or anything!).

After my post yesterday, I did manage to cross one thing off my list of challenges and swaps that are coming due for my Mixed Media Studio group.  We had a bonus challenge to make some little paper treat boxes, using the tutorials taught by LadybugStampingSpot on Youtube so I decided to make a couple for St. Patrick's Day since it is just around the corner.


The lovely Irish lasses in the box are from The Graphics Fairy and the little purse box expands to reveal a four leaf clover in the center (which is also from The Graphics Fairy).  I especially love the little purse box, it would be so cute for gifting a pair of earrings or a necklace to someone special and they are very easy to make. 

So must get back to work on the cat cone, hopefully I will have some pictures to share with you tomorrow or on Monday, and the flower ATC's need to be completed tout de suite as well.  Hope Winter isn't being a bully where ever you may be and whatever you do, don't say the 'S' word!!  Happy creating,

Deb

6 comments:

  1. The 'S' word seems a long way off here too. Only supposed to be in the 20s (F) tomorrow. That is way below normal. Oh well. I'll hang in there if you do too! Very cute treat boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post Deb. We were to get another storm Sun-Mon but it's going south of us.

    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - great post Deb. Love all your clever papercrafting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the snow. Some places up here got over 2 feet yesterday, but we were thankfully spared! Just remember...this too shall pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it's all your fault...I swear those were the biggest snow flakes I have seen in a long long time.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny Deb! We gots ta laugh! Those Irish lasses are lovely too! Hope that is the last of the goose-feather flakes for you! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo