Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Special Gifts From Mother Nature


The forsythia is starting to bloom and .....


the hummingbirds are back!  Makes my heart sing to see these wee guys return, I miss them so much when they are gone.  It is endlessly entertaining to watch them and their antics; this little Caliope male was watching intently as a Rufous male 'dive bombed' the feeder but he wasn't deterred from getting his fill.  I have two feeders out right now, one near the front door and one that we can watch out the kitchen window and from the deck and we are looking forward to being entertained all summer by our little feathered friends.

Thanks Mother Nature for these very special gifts and hope your hummingbirds are returning and that your Spring flowers are blooming wherever you are!

Deb

9 comments:

  1. I rarely see a hummingbird here-- I don't have feeders. They are really fun though, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine that - how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos!
    Yea!! Spring is on its way!
    Enjoy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have hummingbirds up here, but my "summer" residents as I call them came back yesterday! The Junco's and Sparrows. All the shore birds showed up last week so everything has come alive again! Yeah!! Enjoy your birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love forsythia. I used to have a big hedge of it and would cut long pieces for tall vases. We need to get our humming bird feeders out soon! Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely forsythia. They are finally blooming here too. I must put my feeders out. If your hummers are back I'm sure mine are too and wonder where their sugar water is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hummingbirds and your forsythia's are beautiful. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which reminds me that I have to put up the hummer feeder. They get rather annoyed with us when there isn't one there in time.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're such wonderful and delightful little creatures ... I love watching them too but they are usually far too quick for me to see much of anything.... Isn't it grand that Spring is finally here?!?

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo