Wednesday, June 18, 2014

All Tangled Up

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well.  Are you getting washed away with the rain in your neck of the woods?  It's been pretty damp around here but today the sun has broken out and things are drying out.  One thing about the rain, it makes for some pretty pictures.  I captured this raindrop just as it was about to drop off the end of a lilac leaf.


And the hummingbirds are glad to see the end of the rain too, time to dry out those wings and stock up on some syrup!


They are eating us out of house and home, we have two feeders and are now filling them up at least three times a day.  How can something that small drink that much?!  It is amazing to watch them at dusk as they eat their fill to get them through the chilly nights; dozens and dozens of hummingbirds jockeying for position on the feeder.  One will be sitting on the perch drinking and two or more will be hovering over his or her shoulder, sneaking in to grab a bite whenever they can.

I've been working away on my Mixed Media Studio projects and got the 'Zentangle' ATC's finished a couple of days ago.  My ATC's are doodled, I can in no way say that they are Zentangles (at least according to the 'official' definition found here) but I have to say I had fun making them!  I did one in black and white with some pencil shading:


And the second one I coloured (which automatically means that it is NOT a Zentangle since they are all supposed to be in black and white only).


The coloured one was inspired by a Zentangle that I saw on Flickr.  Whatever they are called, doodles or Zentangles, they are very addictive to draw!

So apart from doodling, I've been cleaning and reorganizing my craft room (and the dining room table!!), it was such a disaster area that I had no room to move or work.  You know it is time to do a purge when you only have a 1 foot by 1 foot square space to work!  I had been given an old dresser so I moved stuff about so I could put it into my studio and then filled the drawers with the bits and bobs that were cluttering up my worktop.  I now have TWO areas on my worktable to create, one set up for painting and the other set up for mixed media or sewing plus I can see the top of the dining room table, woo-hoo!  But it's taken me the better part of three days to get it done, so now I am behind the eight ball (again!).  I've three more projects to complete so I best get off the computer and get cracking.  Happy hump day to everyone and hope the rest of your week is creative and organized (if such a thing is possible?).  Talk again soon,

Deb

7 comments:

  1. sounds like you are all set up to get creating! your zen tangle is beautiful. I like the addition of color,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photo's. The hummingbird is adorable. Love seeing the projects that you are working on. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a horrible storm this week. Actually had some tornadoes not far from us. It was crazy because the winds were so high. It tore the fabric roof off of my gazebo...sigh. I can repair it but I think I may have to make a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had rain too. Pretty damp and humid. Your hummingbirds should consider themselves lucky! I haven't tried zentangle yet, but I'd say yours looks very official!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep ~ we've had the rain and gloomy days too! Beautiful pics of the rain drop and hummingbird Deb!
    Love you zentangles ~ I bought a book on how to do them but haven't got around to doing them yet.
    Oh my at least my dining room table isn't the only one that is full of craft projects!
    Happy Day to You!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...still sitting in water around here from all the rain. Love the hummingbird pictures! I miss not having them up here, but we do have lots of birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your raindrop and I love to watch the hummers.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo